Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which music do you prefer to listen to in the car?

Which music do you prefer to listen to in the car?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. So when you are finally released from lockdown and able to drive your car....what music will you play in the car?

• Pop
    • Classical
    • Rock / Metal
    • Jazz / Blues
    • R&B / Soul
    • Country & Western
    • Other

This is a bit of fun during these strange times but I'm not sure how accurate the voting will be. In fact, it'll probably be completely inaccurate because most people like more than the one choice the voting system gives them.

Classic rock (LED Zeppelin, The Who, Deep Purple, Free, Bad Company, AC/DC etc., etc) is my favourite genre, but I also love the Blues (Joe Bonamassa, BB King, Janis Joplin, Stevie Ray Vaughn etc., etc), Folk Rock, Celtic, even Mediaeval music and Gregorian Chant, all of which I have in the car.

I read an article some time ago that stated those listening to Rock or fast paced music tend to drive like a Bat out of Hell, not sure how well that was researched.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 12:12 PM, B1RMA said:

I read an article some time ago that stated those listening to Rock or fast paced music tend to drive like a Bat out of Hell, not sure how well that was researched.

It’s true... well is in my case 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 4/20/2020 at 12:12 PM, B1RMA said:

It is true, no denying that.

Also true the other way as well; when I'm listening to Gregorian Chant I tend to drive much more sedately.

I've been addicted to all these Dash Cam videos on YouTube which people post on Pistonheads. There was one I saw where a bloke was playing a relaxation tape. Suddenly someone cuts him up, the red mist kicks in and he's effing and jeffing all over the place. I won't be buying that particular tape. 

As an aside, these videos highlight just what a lot of utter tools the contributors are. Most go looking for trouble.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 4:15 PM, Herbie said:

This is a bit of fun during these strange times but I'm not sure how accurate the voting will be. In fact, it'll probably be completely inaccurate because most people like more than the one choice the voting system gives them.

Agree very much with this.  Choice may reflect your mood and how severely you had been affected over the time. I like classical music and singing, popular songs by leading singers who have almost all passed away now, generally something far removed from the raucous over amplified twangy, repetitive poorly enunciated stuff of recent years!  In other words, what I listen to normally. 

I usually have something electronic/trance on. I just prefer not to drive to something with many words 🙂

While I'm working from home much of the time I do have to drive into work now and then during lockdown as it can't all be done remotely (ironically I work in IT making it all work so everyone else can work from home).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Playlist that includes The Lumineers, The Strumbellas, Jungle, X Ambassadors, Bear's Den, Tall Heights, Of Monsters and Men, Max Jury, Novo Amor, Parisian, Nothing But Thieves, Marsicans, Far Caspian, Thundercat, The Magic Gang, Mac Demarco, Gerry Cinamon, the Hunna, Paper Kites, Family of the Year, Jake Wesley Rogers, Dave Thomas Junior, and others.

I literally have never heard of a single one from that entire list Daniel.

I expect it's a generational thing but I will look up one or two of them on Youtube and see what it's all about.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:37 PM, Herbie said:

I literally have never heard of a single one from that entire list Daniel.

I expect it's a generational thing but I will look up one or two of them on Youtube and see what it's all about.

Would love to hear your feedback. Try these... All pretty mellow stuff. You may recognise some of them.

The Lumineers, Ho Hey

The Strumbellas, Spirits OR Shovels and Dirt OR the Night Will Save Us

Jungle, Busy Earnin'

X Ambassadors, Renegades

Bear's Den, Elysium OR Above the Clouds of Pompeii

Tall Heights, Spirit Cold

Of Monsters and Men, Slow and Steady

Max Jury, Great American Novel

Novo Amor, Colourway

Parisian, Strangers in Love

Nothing But Thieves, If I Get High

Marsicans, Swimming

Far Caspian, Blue

Thundercat, Them Changes

The Magic Gang, Slippin

Mac Demarco, Heart to Heart

Gerry Cinamon, Sometimes or Belter

the Hunna, Lover

Tame Impala, Borderline

Post Malone, Circles

Paper Kites, Bloom

Family of the Year, Hero

Jake Wesley Rogers, I'll Stand by You

Dave Thomas Junior, Little Pieces of Nothing

The Chainsmokers, Paris

2 hours ago, DanD said:

Would love to hear your feedback. Try these... All pretty mellow stuff. You may recognise some of them.

The Lumineers, Ho Hey

The Strumbellas, Spirits OR Shovels and Dirt OR the Night Will Save Us

Jungle, Busy Earnin'

X Ambassadors, Renegades

Bear's Den, Elysium OR Above the Clouds of Pompeii

Tall Heights, Spirit Cold

Of Monsters and Men, Slow and Steady

Max Jury, Great American Novel

Novo Amor, Colourway

Parisian, Strangers in Love

Nothing But Thieves, If I Get High

Marsicans, Swimming

Far Caspian, Blue

Thundercat, Them Changes

The Magic Gang, Slippin

Mac Demarco, Heart to Heart

Gerry Cinamon, Sometimes or Belter

the Hunna, Lover

Tame Impala, Borderline

Post Malone, Circles

Paper Kites, Bloom

Family of the Year, Hero

Jake Wesley Rogers, I'll Stand by You

Dave Thomas Junior, Little Pieces of Nothing

The Chainsmokers, Paris

Daniel, Like Herbie I had never heard a single one, but I took the trouble to listen to many of them and I was impressed. I found most to be thoughtful, melodic and sometimes inspiring too. They somehow encouraged me to think of music I had grown up with and still listen to to this day.

It is music that one can certainly listen toand appreciate from the cabin of the Lexus. Thank you for sharing.

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Daniel, Like Herbie I had never heard a single one, but I took the trouble to listen to many of them and I was impressed. I found most to be thoughtful, melodic and sometimes inspiring too. They somehow encouraged me to think of music I had grown up with and still listen to to this day.

It is music that one can certainly listen toand appreciate from the cabin of the Lexus. Thank you for sharing.

Wow I'm impressed that you took the time to listen to some of my favourite tunes, and glad you enjoyed them.
I thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk

I have just listened to the first four tracks in your list and wow! Excellent choices, so much so that I have compiled them into a playlist on Spotify ( along with all the rest, yet to be heard) for when I actually do get to go out in my 250 and crank up the ML, Nice doing it!

By the by I am totally into Melody Gardot at the moment, amazing vocals and an even more amazing back story on how she 'got into' music in the first place at the of 19, check it out.

paul m.

I have an amazon playlist of around 120 songs, 1960’s through to present day and no particular genre. Rock, pop, country, R&B, a bit of everything. The nice thing is I like them all and play them on shuffle, so they mix up quite well too and not in the order I added them.

Example:

Dire Straits - Walk of Life

Phil Collins - Easy Lover

Wham! - Club Tropicana

Adele - Hello

Lady Antebellum- Need you now

Roy Orbison - It’s Over

The Who - Pinball Wizard

Bee Gees - Stayin Alive

Tina Turner - Simply the Best

Ed Sheeran - Perfect

George Ezra - Budapest

Smokie - Mexican Girl

Toto - Africa

Coldplay - Viva la Vida

etc etc etc

Daniel, I've just listened to the first 10 and they are so far out of my usual comfort zone that I can't say it's 'love at first listen' but I am quite impressed and I'm certainly looking forward to listening to the rest of the list, so thanks very much for that my friend, cheers.

16 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Daniel, I've just listened to the first 10 and they are so far out of my usual comfort zone that I can't say it's 'love at first listen' but I am quite impressed and I'm certainly looking forward to listening to the rest of the list, so thanks very much for that my friend, cheers.

You know what Herbie, my listening to Daniel`s music LED me tangentially to two young Swedish Girls called "First Aid Kit", who seem to me to be outstanding.

Have a look and listen........

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Texas said:

I have just listened to the first four tracks in your list and wow! Excellent choices, so much so that I have compiled them into a playlist on Spotify ( along with all the rest, yet to be heard) for when I actually do get to go out in my 250 and crank up the ML, Nice doing it!

By the by I am totally into Melody Gardot at the moment, amazing vocals and an even more amazing back story on how she 'got into' music in the first place at the of 19, check it out.

paul m.

Glad you like it. These are part of a 300 strong Spotify playlist. Happy to share it.

13 hours ago, LexusIS300h said:

I have an Amazon playlist of around 120 songs, 1960’s through to present day and no particular genre. Rock, pop, country, R&B, a bit of everything. The nice thing is I like them all and play them on shuffle, so they mix up quite well too and not in the order I added them.

Example:

Dire Straits - Walk of Life

Phil Collins - Easy Lover

Wham! - Club Tropicana

Adele - Hello

Lady Antebellum- Need you now

Roy Orbison - It’s Over

The Who - Pinball Wizard

Bee Gees - Stayin Alive

Tina Turner - Simply the Best

Ed Sheeran - Perfect

George Ezra - Budapest

Smokie - Mexican Girl

Toto - Africa

Coldplay - Viva la Vida

etc etc etc

Excellent selection... some of these are on my list too.

13 hours ago, Texas said:

paul m.

Didn't know M Gardot. Very good. I'll add her to my list!

@royoftherovers John, I recently discovered First Aid Kit when I was watching something on TV and they played a song that sounded really good. I used to wait for the final credits to roll and see who it was but this current fad of shrinking credits to advertise other upcoming programmes has put paid to that, so now I fire up Shazam or SoundHound on my phone to listen to whatever it is and it usually works.

In this particular case it was First Aid Kit's "Fireworks" so I then went to Youtube and started listening, and I really do like them.

I love the Youtube algorithm and often spend hours down the rabbit hole as the algorithm suggests "If you liked that, you'll probably like this". I've found many new bands and music this way, and lots of other interesting stuff too.

• Like 1