Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trolley Jacking points

Poundy

Look in the owners manual page 494 "do-it-yourself maintenance" you'll see illustrated a trolley jacking point under the front and under the rear of the car, either will lift a pair of wheels off the ground. Personally I still place axel stands as a precaution should the trolley move or collapse. Don't fancy being under a car reliant just on the trolley.

• Like 1

I'm the same. Axle stands to back up a trolley/trolley to back up axle stands. I'm never particularly happy under the car. I also make sure there's someone within screaming distance :ohmy:

I've got a fairly sturdy pair of ramps that were always great for the FWD Saabs but the rear wheel drive GS is a nightmare to get on. Try to drive on and invariably one of them moves.

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone finally found it in the book.

I just want to get it up to replace new wheel nuts/lock nuts (bit rusty). I may clean the arches up while at it with the Bare Bones undercarriage spray I bought for the the Jag, great stuff. I may do a number on the calipers if I can get some paint sent with the lockdown on 🙂

You should never venture under or near a load ( car ) if it has been lifted by a fluid system ( hydraulic jack ) unless it is propped by solid mechanical means ( axle stands, wooden blocks ) as if not then you are putting your faith in a tiny rubber 'O' ring! 

See LOLER 98 requirements here https://www.hse.gov.uk/pUbns/priced/loler.pdf. p43 in particular!