Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust..............shes a leaking

Hi everyone 

I hope I find you all well this evening.

Would anyone happen to know the diameter of the exhaust pipe on a lexus ls430....I am thinking its 50mm but I'm not sure...

I have an exhaust leak in the usual y section, I also have nothing to do and a welder and as it's not stainless I thought I would give it a shot being that my local garage is closed.

Thanks everyone for taking your time to read this and your help.

Sorry, no idea on the tube diameter. I recently had my Y-pipe rebuilt by Pipecraft in Basildon for £150.
They did a good job and it looks and sounds great.

The secondary CAT end is stainless, so not sure if the rest of the Y-pipe is or not.
My old one certainly didn't have any rust on it (unlike the silencers), just a big crack in the flange that joined the left side to the left Primary CAT.
He did say that he could have just welded the crack, but in his experience they just crack again in 6-12 months.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

Sorry, no idea on the tube diameter. I recently had my Y-pipe rebuilt by Pipecraft in Basildon for £150.
They did a good job and it looks and sounds great.

That is a darned good price, I paid a bit more to sort out the Y-Piece on my 400, but was only a 15 drive from where I live.

I'm thinking I read on this forum a while back of someone paying maybe @ £ 4 / 600 for their Lexus produced replacement  Y  section for their Ls400 :unsure:

my indy has just been welding bits and pieces around there at about £40 a pop I remember

Malc