Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat nav help please

Localhero

Are there any geniuses  on hear that actually use the sc430? Sat nav??? I have Sat for hours,  tablet in hand instructions in the other trying to work it out and not got as far as entering my home address yet is there a complete idiots guide to Lexus Sat nav preferably for a six year old with  learning difficulties 🤔

The sat nav in the SC is pretty poor and I confess I haven't used it in anger yet.  But most of my SC driving is for pleasure and accurate navigation is either by proper planning with a good old fashioned paper map or simply not required - getting a bit lost is all part of the fun.

On the other hand, the Sat Nav in my 3RX (which is a 2013 model so several generations newer than the SC) is quite straightforward.

I can't remember the answer. I think you have to put it in as a destination and then save it as a POI or marked point as home. I'm using the Alpine sat nav, Google Maps or Waze depending on my mood but I do agree a paper O.S. map is king and so much easier to upgrade when the newest version comes out. 

It's not always recommended to save your precise home location just in case the car gets stolen but when I get back in the car tomorrow I will check the correct procedure to save the home address.

• Thanks 1

I really wouldn’t bother using it if you have the original disc fitted, as many of the new roads will be missing . Although it’s a rubbish system I fitted the youngest disc I could find on eBay , now have a 2018 disc in a 2006 SC430.

There a a few tutorials on YouTube just look for a 2001-2006 Lexus guide to give you some pointers ....last though ...I have a 6" tomtom satnav and set for a long journey last year on the way back home I also ran the Lexus satnav as a comparison, it gave some odd choices of roads and would have sent me in the wrong direction, so don’t worry if you can’t get it to work you are not missing much 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

Thanks for that I have just received an updated disc 2018 from eBay seems better, however I was driving along the A55 today and at every junction it told me to join the A55 which I was already on🤔🤔

To set 'Home'

Whilst at your home location - press 'Menu' 

Select 'Memory'

at the 'Memory points'  line

select register (there is also an edit option)

it should return with the current location details.

The memory point can then be registered using the home button.

It should then confirm that location as your 'home' memory point.

Thanks all for helpful replies since I got 2018 disc off eBay for £29 it seems a bit more intuitive, incidently my car is March 2005 the company I ordered off asked me to send a photo of original disc before sending replacement and it seems ok

It’s very easy to buy copy discs on eBay but they will in time damage the laser head on the satnav unit , first one I got was a copy although the seller said it was genuine !

It’s kept saying disc not loaded, disc dirty ...so got a refund .

let me show you genuine and a copy .......

DF3998D8-8C44-490E-B3E2-CA96456CBA3A.jpeg

7613BA88-65A0-4C10-AF34-9A83A4117384.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links