Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front and rear brake pads

glynp01

I don't own a ct200 myself but my honest answer would be no you don't need to plug it into a laptop or computer to change the brake pads 

7 minutes ago, glynp01 said:

Hi all can anyone tell me if I need to plug the ct200h into a computer to change any of the brake pads please.

If you change the pads in the normal way, and operate the brake pedal to push the knew pads up to the disc before going to ready mode all should be well.

John.

Quick tip....when you push the pistons back to accommodate the new pads release the calliper bleed nipple to prevent pushing the fluid back down the lines to the master cylinder.

59 minutes ago, glynp01 said:

when I do the rear pads do I need to wind the pistons back or are they like the front one please.

I believe on the CT the rear piston you have to wind it in - best to use a rotation tool as it may not be easy with the end of long nose pilers.

Also be prepared to find corroded sliding pins.

21 hours ago, colin79666 said:

Might be safest to disconnect the battery first. 

if you dont disconnect the Battery place your keys in the house away from your car

to make sure the abs pump doesnt startup and push the pistons out of the caliper

when your pads are removed