Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

FRONT TOP GRILL

When i bought her ,i knew the grill was cracked. I will easy find one of them says me.

Now not so easy. iIt is a facelift model and has a 24 slat grill. I want to keep her original but all the ones i see have 36 ish slats.

Was there something odd about 2009 release? Also it has very little air flow and seems almost blanked off?

P1080857.JPG

P1080856.JPG

Have you had a look on the bay for a 2009 one?,my 250 f sport one is also mostly blanked off but that's because I have air ducts on each side  of the lower grill see pic below 

09+ cars have very minor changes to the grille and front bumper. Enough to make them incompatible with each other though, so only a facelift grille will fit your car.

Spot the difference... [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4fc165be402321c35aa88afea70009fa.jpg

28 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

09+ cars have very minor changes to the grille and front bumper. Enough to make them incompatible with each other though, so only a facelift grille will fit your car.

Spot the difference... emoji846.png

The fact that it's on a diesel shouldn't make any difference,send the seller a message and ask about the number of slats to see if it definitely matches what you want 👍

9 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Spot the difference... emoji846.png

Hi John,

I don't suppose you can tell me where you found this image?  It is always hard to work out what has changed between model years, so it is very handy to have a visual representation like this one.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 2:06 PM, scudney said:

Have you had a look on the bay for a 2009 one?,my 250 f sport one is also mostly blanked off but that's because I have air ducts on each side  of the lower grill see pic below 

Still looking. Would a 2010 sport grill be the same size as my facelift is250? or is sport a different shape again?