Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

55 reg. GS300 SE.  This cars never had a run out for 2 months and in the last month it's been moved in and out of the garage a few times but has stood nearly 4 weeks without being started. Tried to start it today and it just clicked so put the charger on without disconnecting the Battery and went back an hour later and the needle on the charger had went right over to the "off" setting so not charging but humming.  I tried the ignition but no bing bongs or dash lights so worse than when I started. Put the jump leads on and bings bongs and dash lights but nowt on the starter. My charger is possibly 40 years old and may have packed up and may have discharged the Battery completely, or knackered it, if that's possible.  I now have my neighbours electronic charger so will see if it puts any charge back in the Battery.  My local regular one man garage is still open so I can get it tested or replaced which ever is required. Any thoughts.  Thanks.  Jim

I gave it a couple of hours charge and it started so took it for a 10 mile run.  I'll see what happens in the morning and if all's well will leave it on charge all day.  I feared the Battery was packered when it wouldn't jump start but there's hope yet.  Thanks