Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New F pads fitted

So, put my low dust brembos in today. Genuine ones were still ok, unknown mileage on them as think they were replaced during the great squeaking saga of 15.

Will report back once tested over a few weeks.

Also cleaned and sprayed with anti corrosion spray the engine bay.

703cf1e24d8ef13b181f1aab284570d3.jpgcdcc58688c185f7edb75df89a219c450.jpge3519562689008182cd1749677104f85.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Where did you pick them up from? 
eBay USA about a year ago. Were about 100 dollars. Came with new sensors too but as old ones had not been touched yet I left the originals in place.

Wonder if they do a set like this for the ISF?
Not Sure. I'm going to get project mu all round when they are available. They do a set for isf too at modinjapan

Seen those. Would like to try these brembos though. Have you got a part number I can Google and then work out of ISF ones are available? 
See if you can read it if this pic? If not I'll go try and rescue the box and see if it's on there.

1a619832cd8c30a5e5fb98a57107b224.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Quick review of the pads after a couple of weeks.

Brakes have less bite than with stock sintered pads (expected) which is partly one way to reduce dust...

But it doesn't - they appear to make just as much dust as stock pads 😆

Will try and get some project mu ns next

If anyone wants to order pads together from the states "hit me up" as they say over there and we can share shipping costs.

12 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

EBC reds brake equally imo to stock and produce much less dust after bedding in properly! Reasonable price too 🙂

Do they do a rear set yet?

So my RCF at 35,700 miles failed its MOT on warped discs. 

Fortunately I had my set of discs from the US at home, which they kindly agreed to fit. The quote for pads was eye watering, so I politely declined the replacement offer and have ordered the brembo pads listed above from the US and will fit myself.

Not an ideal outcome, but better than it could have been. I won't be driving her again until the pads arrive and I've fitted them.

I would have asked what the run out was then also made sure I got them back.

Seems unlikely. Can never say for sure but it seems suspicious. How many miles since last mot?

Basically 10k miles difference.

It was one of the discs excessively fluctuating.

The on ramp was fine, just a lip forming. It was following the rolling road that the problem occurred.

I didn't really think to question too hard. I had the new discs, knew the old ones weren't tip top in condition, so just paid the £122 labour for disc replacement and reskimming.

Sorry they reskimmed the pads, 4mm left on them. I've personally decided my journey home will be my last and i will not use again, as using skimmed pads is far from ideal for the new discs.

I knew the discs were pitted and scored and had a lip forming, hence why I had purchased new discs already.

I did not think to ask if the caliper was binding, didn't cross my mind.