Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New F pads fitted

Something caused the disc to warp so early. When you swap pads just feel how wheel rotates before removing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

Something caused the disc to warp so early. When you swap pads just feel how wheel rotates before removing.

Will do 👍

They've obviously had the calipers and pads off today, so we shall see. 

Thanks for the advice.

On 6/2/2020 at 11:42 AM, V8ORBUST said:

Looks like my pads are out for delivery today already! Not bad for economy delivery from the states, fair play Rockauto / fedex 👍

Rockauto are very good, many moons ago they supplied parts for my Isuzu Vehi-Cross that I just couldn't get in the UK

On 6/2/2020 at 11:42 AM, V8ORBUST said:

Looks like my pads are out for delivery today already! Not bad for economy delivery from the states, fair play Rockauto / fedex 👍

I've mentioned this before in the LS forum, I ordered 4 new air struts from Rockauto on a Monday, and they were delivered by FedEx mid morning on Friday, plus the tracking was excellent....and perhaps sadly interesting!

15 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I've mentioned this before in the LS forum, I ordered 4 new air struts from Rockauto on a Monday, and they were delivered by FedEx mid morning on Friday, plus the tracking was excellent....and perhaps sadly interesting!

It was second time lucky for me with this order, my first set of pads went missing on their way to Houston, but the refund process was impressive. 

Won't hesitate using them again, I'm just lucky im normally able to get to the USA frequently, so can save on shipping etc.

12 hours ago, V8ORBUST said:

It was second time lucky for me with this order, my first set of pads went missing on their way to Houston, but the refund process was impressive. 

Won't hesitate using them again, I'm just lucky im normally able to get to the USA frequently, so can save on shipping etc.

If only I'd known, you could have thrown all your other stuff out of your suitcase and filled it with my heavy suspension!😁

• Haha 1

Simple. No need to remove caliper. Just drift the pad pins out. Undo the 13mm retaining bolts. Give them a thorough clean and grease.

Watch your jack points and don't do what that guy did on YouTube breaking his f on the sill [emoji85][emoji23]

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

Simple. No need to remove caliper. Just drift the pad pins out. Undo the 13mm retaining bolts. Give them a thorough clean and grease.

Watch your jack points and don't do what that guy did on YouTube breaking his f on the sill emoji85.pngemoji23.png

Cheers! 😁

I use a waterproof grease. Racing grease by putoline. Doesn't go all crusty and emulsify. I hate copper grease, ceramic grease is the newer better version.

Ok one side done, the bolts were an absolute bazza to get out. Lots of surface corrosion meaning a lump hammer was needed and plenty of WD40. 

Clips, pads and pins all nicely lubed now, round 2 tomorrow 😂

Oh and my calipers will need a repeat at some point, too many chips to mention 😔

During a major service that costs multiples of hundreds of pounds. The grease Lexus use is also know as "torch light and fresh air"

I've bought new fitting kits to go on when my discs wear out. Still need to obtain some nice pads in the next year or so.

34 minutes ago, Comedian said:

During a major service that costs multiples of hundreds of pounds. The grease Lexus use is also know as "torch light and fresh air"

I've bought new fitting kits to go on when my discs wear out. Still need to obtain some nice pads in the next year or so.

They were as bad as my carrier pins on the RX300, looked like they'd never seen any grease and were corroded solid.

Can already see the brake backing plates starting the corrosion process 😐

I will see how I get on with these pads, obviously finding the rears will be more problematic. 

Most of my miles are motorway, so I'm sure they will be fine, the LS460 is a heavier beastie, so they will have enough stopping power for me.

Would love to track her some day though 😈

Fortunately no youtube GSF moments today, I shoved a trolley jack under the lower suspension arm busher just to be sure!

Other side done, easier when you know what you're up against.

Had to replace the sensor on this one as couldn't remove the old one from the pad.

Calipers have more chips than Harry ramsdens, save the repaint for another time.

Thanks for the help all