Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What should the engine bay look like (without the covers?)

Still getting to know my way around the LS460, so whilst I wait on my Oil change kit to come, I removed all the under trays and engine covers. Is there any decent pics of how this should look? For example bottom right there’s an airbox (I think) which looks like it should have a hose going into it? But I’ve nothing to compare against? Any ideas?

98C36BAE-20CB-4BC3-9873-F84635E6507F.jpeg

681D698B-B403-492C-93A9-9E3F9F3B2FEF.jpeg

C91705C8-4031-41AF-A813-8394C4BA5B32.jpeg

I believe the engine bay should look more black rather than a brown/grey colour 😉

That box you are pointing to houses the engine and transmission ECUs. The pipe next to the washer filler in a cold air inlet, and the missing pipe is the outlet. Of the two, better to have the outlet missing.

I believe the part code is 82776-50020. Not sure it goes anywhere, just diverts the hot air to the front of the vehicle.

You can see the engine bay in this brief video - slightly different to yours as it is a LHD vehicle.

• Thanks 1

this is a very very useful and informative video for new owners ....  tells you as it is with some expensive issues that the first owner could / should have sorted

Malc

Just looking at that engine bay convinces me to hold onto mine as long as possible.

I can just imagine the service manual........remove upper engine cover, remove lower engine cover, remove front air intake, remove the 16 vacuum pipes, remove the 12 electrical connectors........you can now fit new wiper blades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Malc said:

this is a very very useful and informative video for new owners ....  tells you as it is with some expensive issues that the first owner could / should have sorted

Malc

Can you link the video please? (apologies if I've missed the link)