Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MM17 MEU Navigation Software version 1540 released

The only easy to understand way is to download the TSBs from the lexus-tech website.  That requires an active subscription though (about £4.50 for an hours access).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

If you want latest software you should get a dealer to update your system to the new MM19 system the benefit is apple car play but on the early models you will get free map update to latest as the system need to have a minimum of 2018 map for it to be installed and is only about £80 at most dealers. 

• 2 months later...

@pobrown thanks for all the knowledge you share.

After checking this post I have tryto know more about navigation maps updare and system update on my RC300H MY2018-20 (as reported on the owner specs certificate).

As you can see it seems the system and maps aren’t the newupdates.

943, accordingly Lexus-Tech BE-00151L-TME refer to 2018v1

I was subscriber of Lexus Tech since 2017 with the previous IS300H MY2017, but never understand it really how to use the site, so again thanks for your info.

I have downloaded both updates following the BE-00006L-TME bulletin (for the maps).

Now three questions:

1. the language of the system is updated accordingly the language of the car settings? I need Italian language

2. From your knowledge, it is confirmed  that MM17 absolutely could not be updated to apple Car or Andoid Auto? Even via the dealer service?

3. it is correct that you need the activation code issued by the Lexus Tech site? I saw some videos “how to” from Lexus that they show that map updates is done without any “activation code”, during your update have you been asked for any “activation code” as the BE-00006L-TME bulletin show?

To be honest I have another question:

Following the instructions I see that it is necessarily to put the four files (nav osr system updates) in “the roots of a Fat32 USB key”.

This was done, but when, following the procedures, I put the Fat32 USB key in his slot, the system does not recognize there’s any update to install.

As I have a Mac, I suspect that the USB key in some way will be modified, could be possible? I confirm that from the Mac system info the key is shown as Fat32 format.

If I put music in it, it is perfectly read by the MM system.

Thank you in advance.

Cris

8A7AEE52-ED0F-41A5-81E6-CB4F86A2F861.jpeg

MM17 can be updated to apple CarPlay but for some reason not on the RC.  The update is only for NX, ES and UX vehicles.

The USB stick used to carry out the map updates should contain a folder called 'FMU'.  This folder should then contain 4 files: 

• FMU_PONC52_1.iso
  • FMU_PONC52_1.iso
  • FMU_PONC52_1.iso
  • FMU_PONC52_1.iso

(these are the file names for the current 2020v2 update - 2021v1 should be released soon).

This update will need activating using the Lexus-Tech website.  You don't need an active paid subscription for this, but you do need an account.

I used a Mac and the updates have always worked fine - I would suggest completely reformatting the USB stick to FAT32 and recopying the files across.  Remember to make sure you have the FMU folder in the root of the drive and then the files are inside the folder.

8 hours ago, pobrown said:

MM17 can be updated to Apple CarPlay but for some reason not on the RC.  The update is only for NX, ES and UX vehicles.

The USB stick used to carry out the map updates should contain a folder called 'FMU'.  This folder should then contain 4 files: 

• FMU_PONC52_1.iso
  • FMU_PONC52_1.iso
  • FMU_PONC52_1.iso
  • FMU_PONC52_1.iso

(these are the file names for the current 2020v2 update - 2021v1 should be released soon).

This update will need activating using the Lexus-Tech website.  You don't need an active paid subscription for this, but you do need an account.

I used a Mac and the updates have always worked fine - I would suggest completely reformatting the USB stick to FAT32 and recopying the files across.  Remember to make sure you have the FMU folder in the root of the drive and then the files are inside the folder.

Thanks a lot.

So I think the problem rise because I put the for files out of the folder, I thought I have read somewhere (I have to say that info on this procedure is not the same in some sites or videos online -see that the only mention on “activated code” I found only in the Tech documents, but in the Lexus site the did not mention) that they should put out of the folder.

Concerning that language? They recognize the system installed?

Lastly: any chanche that update could enlarge little bit the font, or almost identifying better the streets and the roads? Theres a “flat appearance” in this maps compated the previous I had on the MY2017 IS300H where letters was big and clear and theres was a high contrast form the background and the path that the car was doing.

I also remember that during navigation when you connect to the online services (click on the car icon on the left of the screen just below the compass) the road became larger and of a different color, brighter, with green or yellow color to show you was connected.

In this MM it seems that you are always connected but nothing show you are, the road and path are almost invisible.

My fault or this is the new way they have conceived?

Again, thank you in advance.

🙏🏻

I've no idea how the different languages work on the system.  As the update files come from an EU site, I would have thought they are compatible with all the necessary languages.

The font / graphics can't be changed.  Like you I don't find them as clear as the older navigation system.  Apart from the bigger screen, I did find this system a bit of a step backwards.  However adding apple CarPlay fixed those issues for me.  Unfortunately this doesn't look like an option for you on the RC.

1 hour ago, pobrown said:

I've no idea how the different languages work on the system.  As the update files come from an EU site, I would have thought they are compatible with all the necessary languages.

The font / graphics can't be changed.  Like you I don't find them as clear as the older navigation system.  Apart from the bigger screen, I did find this system a bit of a step backwards.  However adding Apple CarPlay fixed those issues for me.  Unfortunately this doesn't look like an option for you on the RC.

Yes, @pobrown I really hate the new sat screen, it seems they was not happy to have so much space on 10,3” screen and fill it with a bunch of unuseful info like, just as an example, a big title “NAVIGATION” that require a black background of about 1 cm. all above that cover the map, same at the left side, adding icons that in the previous versions was easy to reach (only at need) with a click.

The previous generation was primitive in functions, the new has more features, but doesn’t make sense to decrease the sizes of the font, change them from capital letters to cursive and decrease the readability, that is also dangerous, because it’s almost impossible for the driver read the informations and this could cause a lack of the attention to the road.

Also it is really weird the colors of road are almost impossible to see in any condition, I spend some time playing with “luminosity and contrast” just improving little bit the daily version, but night version is almost impossible to read.

Nothing to say about the general  interface: other functions are interesting and work better than previous, but the nav-sat is, indeed, a big fail.

Of course, apple care is a good improvement, but the impossibility to have in all the range (even paying for, of course) is another aspect that “old guard” owners, like me could really not understand.

Againt thanks for your info 🙏🏻

• 6 months later...

Hello

i have recently bought a 2018 Lexus RX450HL would like to know if I can upgrade the software to include apple CarPlay and latest maps.

can any one please advise if it’s possible?

local dealer have advised £160 but they are not sure if it would be to the latest version to include apple car play.

I have attached some of the screenshot with version details.

would really appreciate if anyone could shed some lights.

Thanks

B1147619-8771-4659-8AD6-EAF63C78C1C6.jpeg

DF46C15D-AA45-48B5-BD04-7CBB7112D2E5.jpeg

285CF5F2-F48D-45DE-9F59-B8EEB5E126D8.jpeg

On 11/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, treadstone said:

Hello 

i have recently bought a 2018 Lexus RX450HL would like to know if I can upgrade the software to include apple CarPlay and latest maps.

can any one please advise if it’s possible?

local dealer have advised £160 but they are not sure if it would be to the latest version to include apple car play.

I have attached some of the screenshot with version details.

would really appreciate if anyone could shed some lights.

Thanks

B1147619-8771-4659-8AD6-EAF63C78C1C6.jpeg

DF46C15D-AA45-48B5-BD04-7CBB7112D2E5.jpeg

285CF5F2-F48D-45DE-9F59-B8EEB5E126D8.jpeg

@pobrown 

would you be able to kindly advise please?

thanks

• 5 months later...

Trying to update my LC500 with the latest version. Was able to update the DCU to 1457 and install the latest navdb_version to 2022v1.

However trying to update the navigation to 1560 according to BE-00006L-TME fails. It is recognized as a valid update upon insertion of the USB stick. It also starts the update - around 50% it stops with an error message station that this software is not for the vehicle. The update then stops.

Anyone got a similar problem and nows a way to update?

thanks

IMG_0476(1).jpg

Probably it's already known, but I can confirm that in Italy it is not possible to install the upgrade to apple Car on the RC300H 2019

The Lexus dealer (not a Toyota which also make Lexus service as it is now usual in Italy, since all the historical dealer are going to be dismissed in many regions) where I make all the services on my RC300H, under some pressure I made, have tried several time, the process started but at some point it come up an error.

I could just update the maps with the latest version.

I't's a pity, I am still not able to appreciate the small graphics of the navigation system.

Maybe one day, iOS could support mirrorlink, the only way to see apple Maps on the screen in this moment.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I have just bought my first NX and was assured it had CarPlay only to find out that this is not case. Im glad to see that its a easy enough update. Followed the instructions in this thread and bought access to the Lexus-tech site twice now. For me there seems to be an issue with this site which I have reported on their help page.

On both occasions when purchasing I could not download the files. Anyone else have this challenge. Keen to find an alternative location to get the software now that this does not seem to work.

Regards,

Marcus

15 minutes ago, marcus123 said:

Hi All,

I have just bought my first NX and was assured it had CarPlay only to find out that this is not case. Im glad to see that its a easy enough update. Followed the instructions in this thread and bought access to the Lexus-tech site twice now. For me there seems to be an issue with this site which I have reported on their help page.

On both occasions when purchasing I could not download the files. Anyone else have this challenge. Keen to find an alternative location to get the software now that this does not seem to work.

Regards,

Marcus

Hi Marcus, from what I know, the upgrade on NX is possible, but only via an authorized dealer.

Just now, marcus123 said:

Hi Overland, From what I can tell the topic thread explains just how to do it yourself without a dealer.

I have understood the topic talk about how to update the original navigation software, not apple Car, that the dealer told me, it need be installed  (only on certain models, for example in my RC300H is not possible) only via authorized service.

I hope someone more expert could confirm it or not.

It can be done if you have the right nav system, but not recommended as there is a high chance of bricking your system. 
Whilst I successfully installed the upgrade in my old NX, there were a number of people that had failures. 
You would be better off contacted your nearest Lexus centre and enquiring about the CarPlay upgrade cost. From what others have said it is anything from ‘free’ if you are having a service up to around £100 (as it does take quite a while to do).  This info may be out of date though. 
l’ve just looked on the tech website and the software looks like it is still there to download - I don’t have a current subscription to check though.  From memory you download the instructions and the download links are contained within these instructions.

37DC8078-F3DE-4A38-A1C2-919B642307C0.thumb.jpeg.072062416c7a1aa53d1aad2b5b8d7728.jpeg 

56 minutes ago, marcus123 said:

Hi All,

Regards,

Marcus

Marcus, if you received an assurance and can prove it then tell the assurer to implement the Car Play.You were mis-sold the vehicle.

• 10 months later...

Hello everyone, does anyone have the files of the BE-00436 LTE technical bulletin? Payment does not pass on Lexus-tech.eu , update files are needed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links