Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

16 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

I'll bet the coppers love those headlights. And the window tints.

I know it looks very dark in the picture, but headlights are only light smoked and so are the tints, although I'm not sure it's allowed to have the front windows done

On 4/28/2020 at 7:01 PM, messi said:

Hi Mike, 

Are the 1990 w126 300se as reliable as the ls400? 

I only had my W126 280SE for 6 months and I have had my LS400 12 years now and has only broken down once which was a catalytic converter went and committed suicide so I replaced both of them and shes never missed a beat since then, that was about 4 years ago, the W126 was a beautiful ride, quiet, smooth and even though it was only a 2.8 litre engine she was fast when she needed to be. I never thought I would find a car its equal again that was untill I drove my LS400. Seats were firmer than the LS but still very comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to have another one.

On 4/30/2020 at 6:27 AM, messi said:

Yes it was £900 but I think he's got it mot'd that's why he put the price up. 

The thing is, it does look a nice car, but I'm not fond of what he's done to the steering wheel

Steering wheel. Criminal damage.

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I can't help thinking an LS lowered like that wouldn't have the ride comfort you'd want.  Looks good for shows etc but not for me, I'd prefer a standard car made how it was intended.  I put a bigger set of wheels on a previous LS400 but changed them back very quickly.  Is this one for sale then?

He said if I want it, he would sell it to me, its got hsd coilovers, he said it still drives smooth, he said you wouldn't believe unless you test drive it

54 minutes ago, messi said:

He said if I want it, he would sell it to me, its got hsd coilovers, he said it still drives smooth, he said you wouldn't believe unless you test drive it

Are you interested?

48 minutes ago, messi said:

I'm not sure, I do like it though

I do like the look but it's the smooth ride I would want.  I notice some car dealers are offering to make test driving available unaccompanied, maybe you can arrange that?

2 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

There is a W reg LPG one just listed on eBay 

IIRC this might be on your doorstep messi.

Yeah I've seen that, it's been on sale on Facebook market for long time, it's a cat c, so not really worth it

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still looking for an ls400, the ones on eBay ain't all that, the 2 I've seen on autotrader are way overpriced, that's probably that's why they haven't sold yet, they have been for sale a very long time. 

I'm after either a mk3 or mk4, but I do like Steve's toyota celsior too

13 hours ago, messi said:

I've seen on autotrader

I asked about the gold / bronze one at £2495 ..............  just musing really ............  and the Cat C for some photos etc but the dealer said they had no detail and it was likely a small knock that would have w/o the car .........  BUT also I note that flood damage is included in a Cat C too and that would turn me off

Having no photos of the damage prior would not be sensible methinks

Oh, and the amazing colour they tell me is Original Factory one-off  ( which I find hard to believe tbh )

Malc

2 minutes ago, Malc said:

I asked about the gold / bronze one at £2495 ..............  just musing really ............  and the Cat C for some photos etc but the dealer said they had no detail and it was likely a small knock that would have w/o the car .........  BUT also I note that flood damage is included in a Cat C too and that would turn me off

Having no photos of the damage prior would not be sensible methinks

Oh, and the amazing colour they tell me is Original Factory one-off  ( which I find hard to believe tbh )

Malc

You know what a lot of traders are like, they'll say any rubbish just to sell a car. That's why I wouldnt buy from a trader. I'm knocking all of them, but most of them are abit dodgy

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, messi said:

You know what a lot of traders are like, they'll say any rubbish just to sell a car. 

Or not say anything at all. In my experience of traders you have to think of every possible question because nothing is volunteered. If you don't ask whether the car has ever been on fire they won't tell you whether the car has ever been on fire!

On 4/30/2020 at 6:11 AM, Razor61 said:

There is this one in the West Midlands, price has gone up £500 in the last day or so though, I’m sure it was advertised for £900 a few days ago and the pictures have changed, the other pictures had a different reg on them.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1218004

I've looked at this one, and it drives spot on, nothing wrong with the mechanics apart from corrosion on the springs, but thing that put me off it, is the steering wheel and that silver thing on the centre console area. Or am I just being too fussy? 

The mileage is at the top end I agree about the steering wheel but that could be changed back to original spec from a donor car.

Depending on what suspension parts need doing its not a bad price.

1 minute ago, ambermarine said:

The mileage is at the top end I agree about the steering wheel but that could be changed back to original spec from a donor car.

Depending on what suspension parts need doing its not a bad price.

Yeah I agree. 

2 hours ago, messi said:

Yeah I agree. 

tiny tiny mileage these past 10 years, not sure that's good for any car tbh

but if the history shows good replacement UCAs by now then it could be good2go

and that steering wheel and gear knob look 'orrible to my mind

Malc

On 4/28/2020 at 7:01 PM, messi said:

Hi Mike, 

Are the 1990 w126 300se as reliable as the ls400? 

Sorry for the late reply, not been to well. As far as I know they were as good but the were only 280s with a bored out engine so the rest of it just needs a top quality build. Have a look on the Merc owners site see what they have to say.