Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flat battery - can't open the boot to recharge?

bfgqueen

Hi guys - I am like a London bus (or a rash) today. Can anyone help with this:

Went out to check tyre pressures and found the Battery dead. No power at all 😞 Called lexus assistance, and a man is outside, but he can't get to the Battery to recharge it because all but the driver's door are locked and we can't find a way to unlock them without power. So, he can't charge the Battery because he can't get to it! Help! Does anyone know what to do in this situation?

Heather

Thank you both! I wish I'd asked here first - the breakdown guy didn't have a clue and we had to call out an 'expert' 🙂 One thing about Lexus - they seem to make the vital info very hard to find (or is it just me?) All sorted now, tyres and Battery - now I know what to do and where to look it will be much easier next time. 

You guys are really helpful - thanks again!

• Like 2

I slso had a flat Battery due to not using the car much during the present lock down. The auxiliary system can be started through the under bonnet fuse box connection and any unpainted bolt etc in the engine compartment and this will allow access to the barrery in the rear but I found that the Battery cannot be charged using this method. 

I bought a Ctek 5.0 charger thinking that it would do the job from the underbonnet connection but after 12 hours it did not put any charge into the Battery so I have connected the supplied comfort lesd and have left the connection to the Battery charger on the boot floor where I can get at it when the back seats are down. 

I will need to change the Battery as it is 5 years old but looking at online Battery suppliers many of them don't seem to know what a ct200 is and what is advertised are a bit hit and miss. I will wait for the dealerships to open and sort it out then. In the meantime I will give it a weekly boost via the comfort connection. 

Thanks jack and John - the video is really clear. The proper lexus assistance man finally arrived with jump leads, and I took the car for a half hour run with no problems, so fingers crossed if I do a short run every day for a while it will fully recover!

Just changed my Battery after 8 years the original packed up. The replacement is a YUASA which is identical to what I removed.
I got it from GSF car parts for £156 after 60% discount (online).
Euro Car Parts sell them also (made by Lion) but is more expensive.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, stormchaser said:

Euro Car Parts sell them also (made by Lion) but is more expensive.

£142 from ECP with their 60% sale at the moment, but I'd pay extra for the Yuasa one.

3 hours ago, rhosneigr said:

I will need to change the battery as it is 5 years old but looking at online battery suppliers many of them don't seem to know what a ct200 is and what is advertised are a bit hit and miss. I will wait for the dealerships to open and sort it out then.

It uses the same Battery as the Prius series III (2009 to 2015), so you can search for that if needed.

18 hours ago, holiday said:

That’s very expensive, you could have price matched lexus as they are charging £125 for a brand new battery. 

£156 including delivery isn't too bad, certainly not very expensive.

• Like 1

Lexus  fitted mine last year a genuine Toyota 45ah Glass matt (think it is a Yuasa with toyota label YZZPD) Fitted, old one disposed of plus a free puncture repair 😃 £95 inc vat I think that included a 10% discount that came with my Vantage service plan,

20190126_115654.jpg