Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost power

Sjsb

Nothing in service history about it being done. And I’ve had it a yr and not done it. 
  I’ve was told the ATF is good up to 250k and I’ve just clocked 160 

I would say its probably overdue a change although you can wait and see if any other members have anything else to say regarding your issue 👍

Quick question here, when the weather is cold does the transmission go into top gear ( i.e. on a 5 speed transmission does it go into 5th gear or stop in 4th)? Reason I ask is that there is a temperature sensor on the transmission which until the fluid is fully warmed up reduces the hydraulic pressures and locks out top gear to protect the transmission.

Another question what is your engine idle RPM when the engine is fully warmed up?

Another possibility is a fault on the EGR .....do you have any excessive exhaust smoke under acceleration? This again operates in a closed loop until the engine is fully warmed then comes under ECU control. If it fails to operate when it should power will be down but you normally get excessive exhaust smoke.

There is also a temperature sensor in the MAF which affects fuelling ratios, if this is giving duff readings when cold this is another possible cause.

Main thing to do first is have a code read done for any stored codes, perform a live data check to make sure all the sensors are communicating and sending the correct data to the engine ECU. Whatever you do don’t start changing random parts as this is the most expensive and time consuming method. 

Plugged in code reader and there is no codes coming up. 
  Checked auto box oil and it’s black and smells so going to get it changed. 

Your ATF should be pink,and like you said nothing to lose apart from dirty oil,hopefully this will cure your sluggish problem,good luck 🤞👍