Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have only put in the highbeam and i am risking that a bit as they are over the recomended wattage so I am trying to find a way around it so ican put in the main beam without risking having no lights..

I tried to get a decent pic.. first one not on but showing a nice blue reflection..

the second with them on during the day...

:blink:

blue_tint.jpg

ULTRA_BRIGHTS.jpg

craig

yeah I know what you mean about the grille.. much better.. just had a little bling moment happening with the other grille now back to my senses...lol

like it MEAN..

going to do a test in a min with the lights.. see if i can get a pic..

I got a set from the same guy after reading your thread - I got them on Monday but haven't fitted them yet - cheap as chips !

Are you saying DON'T fit the High beam and low beam together ??? Why ? :blink:

if your ones are the same as mine both sets are 100w. your std high beam rating is 65w.. hence you are only running 35w more than you should do.. mine are o.k at the moment but i am risking burning out the wireing until i upgrade the wireing and relevent bits. the reason i say i have only put in the highbeam is because they are not on all the time and i only use them now and then but main beam would be on all the time at night and with the standard 55w rating it would be really pushing it running 45w more for a long period..

hope you understand what i have written

craig

I wouldn't worry about the wiring - 50% over spec is likely to be well within tolerance.

I used to put 130W bulbs in my beemer with no probs at all.

jeepers.. they must of been bright..lol was the beemer 65w max recomended??

Hey Jac-Nice eyelids! How do you like them? DO they affect the headlights at all? Do they stick on?

yep they are nice.. :D a few of the guys on here have just got then.. Ihave not really noticed and cut out of light.. but then i drive around with my eyes half closed anyway..lol one member mentioned to me that he felt it was cutting off the top of his light beam but cant say as i have noticed.. and now i have got the ultra bright highbeam in theres is plenty of light..

craig

and yes they do just stick on..

well guys i thought i would run the risk and I put in the main beams today to see what they looked like.. Jeepers they are good and i mean goooood.. very crisp clean bright white so white they made my phillips blue visions look yellow I took the car out earlier for a blast around some country lanes with no street lamps.. so much better illumination and coupled with the highbeam daylight here we come..lol

craig

Hey Norkep-  Is that a strutbrace I see on your Aristo?  I am about to mount a used one on my 93 GS300 and need to polish it up.  Do you have any suggestions for polishing it up or painting it correctly?

Hi BRAKATK,

Mine has this as standard, colour coded to match the motor, just make sure you remove all the grease using a Silcone degreaser, bit more £££ but worth it to get a smooth finish, you also need some wet and Dry Fine - 1800 should do it when you degrease, then prim, paint and laqiour, you need serveral coats off laqiour to keep the shine due to the heat of the heat.

If you're going to polish, again use the Degreaser and fine Wet and Dry but a much finer grade to give you the nice shine and then straight clear laqiuor but you'll then the laqiuor you mix youreself - ie laqiuor and hardener, mix but using a little bit more hardener than the directions, this will give you a harder coat again because of the heat, will not dull or peel.

BR

Paul

Just thought i would do a pic of the mainbeam bulbs during the day.. for some reason my camera is crap at night so cant get a clearpic.. and the pic does not do justice to how bright and white they are.. note to self..must buy a decent camera..

craig

post-51-1079384016.jpg

Craig

If I remember correctly you got your bulbs from a US eBay site.

I am going to try them too, can you let me have the details.

BRAKATK

I have also got a strut brace from an Aristo TT which I am going to fit to my GS.

Have you test fitted yoursyet as I found that Ineeded to elongate the bolt holes on the opposite side to where they have been elongated as standard.

I will post some pics of mine when I have done it.

Info on laquer was useful Paul but I willhave to use aerosols.

Got my bulbs today, will fit over the W/E when having a good clean of the engine bay with the steam cleaner.

Keith - When using the Aerosols, give one coat and let dry normally, on the second coat, dry using a hairdyer, this will add to the hardner but only very slightly but will be enoguh to with-stand heat, did this on the top cover on the engine but using the mixer pack on the strut, never have peeled.

BR

Paul