Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400H REAR ENTERTAINMENT AND MARK LEVINSON SYSTEM

Hi All,

I have just purchased a preowned rx400h (2008) and have some questions about the entertainment and mark levinson sound system.

I assume its factory set as there was a rear entertainment booklet / manual. I have 2 rear screens but the remote control and one pair of headphones are missing.

My question is can you play one DVD to project on both the rear screens and the front screen with the sound coming out of the sound system so we can all watch the same?

2). Is it possible to find the correct remote control that will work, I have had a quick look on eBay and found the following:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-06-07-08-09-LEXUS-RX350-RX400h-REAR-SEAT-ENTERTAINMENT-REMOTE-86170-45010/282081971786?epid=1269595263&hash=item41ad654e4a:g:MBwAAOSwbsBXpkKU

AND: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-06-07-08-09-LEXUS-RX350-RX400h-REAR-SEAT-ENTERTAINMENT-REMOTE-86170-45010/312423675729?epid=1269595263&hash=item48bde6f751:g:Q2cAAOSwhr9cT9xg

If I purchased one of these would they work / need to be programmed in?

3). Headphones. There was one pair of headphones provided (wired) but can I use wireless lexus headphones? Again how would I make these work?

I have found a few on eBay but ideally would like some brand new ones. Any suggestions?

4). Is there anyway to instal the front screen to have Live TV like the land rover range rover / Buy a new bigger modern screen that could be fitted to sit on the dash or on the front of the current screen that would be compatible?

5). Bluetooth to play music off device - I understand from a previous thread on here you cannot connect your phones spotify via Bluetooth to play music. But I have purchased an adapter to connect the 30 pin lead in the glove compartment so I can connect my phone to it?

I look forward to your replies.

Con

I doubt very much if you will be able to watch it on the front screen, sure it has a safety feature that prevents the driver from watching while on the go.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scudney said:

I doubt very much if you will be able to watch it on the front screen, sure it has a safety feature that prevents the driver from watching while on the go.

Not so much interested in the driver watching but the front passenger side being able to watch.

I know in the JEEP and Land Rovers you can have the same dvd playing in the front and rear with the audio on loud without the need for headphones.

2 hours ago, ctobz22 said:

Not so much interested in the driver watching but the front passenger side being able to watch.

There's no way the front screen could be angled to the passenger only so there's no chance of being able to play a DVD on the go or it would be a distraction to the driver. This is why the screens on dashcams have to blank out within a couple of minutes - it's illegal for the driver to be distracted in such a manner. I'm not even sure a DVD can be played on the front screen at all anyway, let alone on the move, but I've never had a 400h so I'll let an owner confirm that or debunk it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Herbie said:

There's no way the front screen could be angled to the passenger only so there's no chance of being able to play a DVD on the go or it would be a distraction to the driver. This is why the screens on dashcams have to blank out within a couple of minutes - it's illegal for the driver to be distracted in such a manner. I'm not even sure a DVD can be played on the front screen at all anyway, let alone on the move, but I've never had a 400h so I'll let an owner confirm that or debunk it.

Do you know if I can play the same DVD on both rear screens with the audio loud coming from the sound system rather than headphones? Thanks

1 hour ago, ctobz22 said:

Do you know if I can play the same DVD on both rear screens with the audio loud coming from the sound system rather than headphones? Thanks

No, not directly. Does the 2008 infotainment system have an audio out, and the main system an aux in? That would be the only way to connect them.

The Range Rover has clever system whereby the front seat passenger can see the dvd being played on the front screen but the driver cannot see 

World first 'dual view' screen technology
The 2010 Range Rover is the first to feature 'dual view' infotainment touch
screen technology. The display allows the driver and passenger to view
completely different images simultaneously. This means that the passenger
can enjoy a DVD movie while the driver follows navigation instructions, all on
the same screen.
The system uses patented Parallax Barrier technology to alternately hide and
reveal columns of pixels to the left and right hand views of the screen. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 4/30/2020 at 12:46 PM, ctobz22 said:

Hi All,

I have just purchased a preowned rx400h (2008) and have some questions about the entertainment and mark levinson sound system.

I assume its factory set as there was a rear entertainment booklet / manual. I have 2 rear screens but the remote control and one pair of headphones are missing.

My question is can you play one DVD to project on both the rear screens and the front screen with the sound coming out of the sound system so we can all watch the same?

2). Is it possible to find the correct remote control that will work, I have had a quick look on ebay and found the following:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-06-07-08-09-LEXUS-RX350-RX400h-REAR-SEAT-ENTERTAINMENT-REMOTE-86170-45010/282081971786?epid=1269595263&hash=item41ad654e4a:g:MBwAAOSwbsBXpkKU

AND: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-06-07-08-09-LEXUS-RX350-RX400h-REAR-SEAT-ENTERTAINMENT-REMOTE-86170-45010/312423675729?epid=1269595263&hash=item48bde6f751:g:Q2cAAOSwhr9cT9xg

If I purchased one of these would they work / need to be programmed in?

3). Headphones. There was one pair of headphones provided (wired) but can I use wireless lexus headphones? Again how would I make these work?

I have found a few on ebay but ideally would like some brand new ones. Any suggestions?

4). Is there anyway to instal the front screen to have Live TV like the land rover range rover / Buy a new bigger modern screen that could be fitted to sit on the dash or on the front of the current screen that would be compatible?

5). BLUETOOTH to play music off device - I understand from a previous thread on here you cannot connect your phones spotify via bluetooth to play music. But I have purchased an adapter to connect the 30 pin lead in the glove compartment so I can connect my phone to it?

I look forward to your replies.

Con

Hi Con, 

Did you buy a remote control? Did it work? 

Thanks, 

• 8 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links