Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is300h comparisons

I have found a couple of cars and wondered if I would be allowed to post links to these for your comments on a comparison?

Would that be allowed, please.

OK, so here are two cars I am possibly looking at.  Colour aside, what are your thoughts.  I emailed regarding warranty and I was offered 12 months with either car.

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Is-Saloon/300h-Advance-4dr-CVT-Auto-u3b76uj

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Is-Saloon/300h-Advance-4dr-CVT-Auto-with-SAT-NAV-hkb7rds

the white one looks to have a few additional items such as a bumper protector and boot liner, aside from that, and 10,000 miles there really isnt that much in it, the black car has a couple of marks on the headliner that i would like to see cleaned up.

They both look to be good cars and i would imagine will be looked over thoroughly before Lexus Bristol let them go out the door, personally i prefer the 300h in darker colours, i think it suits the car better.

Neither of them appear to have the premium sound system in them, IIRC the premium system has the mouse controller and certianly has better sound quality over the normal system.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

…  the black car has a couple of marks on the headliner that i would like to see cleaned up.

Forgive my ignorance but , headliner?

Neither of them appear to have the premium sound system in them, IIRC the premium system has the mouse controller and certianly has better sound quality over the normal system.

No! Not many that I have found do.  Whilst it would be nice, would probably be wasted on my old ears anyway!

It's possible that you're not too bothered about the exact price. But it occurs to me that choosing between two cars from the same dealer doesn't put you in a very good negotiating position. If you could find a competing car at another dealer (not in the same group of dealers), preferably nearer to where you are, this allows you to say that you've found something better value elsewhere and can they match it? And if you can show them it's closer to home, you can say it would have to be a better deal to travel so much further to buy it. (They might say they'll bring it to you, if they're keen to sell - in which case, they can probably afford a discount too.)

Equally, from their point of view, if you're choosing between two of their cars, they can cut the price on the one they'd prefer to get sold to push you towards that one. But they won't be under any pressure to cut the price on both.

Having owned both a Black IS and a white GS I am rather prejudiced as to the colour of the paintwork.

Certainly with the black metallic it needs a lot of care to avoid swirls in the paintwork and cleaning can be a bit of a chore.

If considering one of these two cars definitely check the condition of the bodywork and interiors as per my previous post regarding the standards of preparation.

VE14MZN1[1].jpg

xxl_kfz293676_kfz_293676_1[1].jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

It's possible that you're not too bothered about the exact price. But it occurs to me that choosing between two cars from the same dealer doesn't put you in a very good negotiating position. If you could find a competing car at another dealer (not in the same group of dealers), preferably nearer to where you are, this allows you to say that you've found something better value elsewhere and can they match it? And if you can show them it's closer to home, you can say it would have to be a better deal to travel so much further to buy it. (They might say they'll bring it to you, if they're keen to sell - in which case, they can probably afford a discount too.)

Equally, from their point of view, if you're choosing between two of their cars, they can cut the price on the one they'd prefer to get sold to push you towards that one. But they won't be under any pressure to cut the price on both.

Thanks for this Thackeray.  Now, I did find one just 8 miles away from me but sadly not a Lexus dealer.  There was one I might consider in Swindon.

19 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

Roof liner, when you do the 3d view inside you can “look up” and see there’s a couple of black marks on the ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, ta much! lol

I'd be more tempted to buy one with petrol in it! 

Can't understand why companies can have the outlay of stocking an 18k car take the time and effort to present it as such but can't stick 20quid of fuel in so the light is off in the adverts! 

Pet hate! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shada said:

I'd be more tempted to buy one with petrol in it! 

Can't understand why companies can have the outlay of stocking an 18k car take the time and effort to present it as such but can't stick 20quid of fuel in so the light is off in the adverts! 

Pet hate! 

If it's that low when I go for a test drive I'll ask for some petrol.  Can't give it a proper test when you are constantly worried about the petrol gauge.   Many years ago I walked away from a car that was well in the red and the guy wouldn't fuel it.  Enough to get round the block he said ... enough for the next buyer maybe!

I don't go and view a car that has the fuel light on. If there too tight to fuel it what else have they skimped on. 

Any car I'm ever selling I make sure its never below 1/4  tank. 

55 minutes ago, Shada said:

I don't go and view a car that has the fuel light on. If there too tight to fuel it what else have they skimped on. 

Any car I'm ever selling I make sure its never below 1/4  tank. 

Especially now that petrol is cheaper than its been for years.

The last car I sold, a Toyota Avensis, had a full tank of fuel and over 1 year's worth of MOT!  I sold it unexpectedly to a friend of a friend who rang up and asked if I would consider selling it.

If I were buying a car right now, particularly the model you have seen, I would play real hard ball. If you do not require a part ex I would offer silly money, because right now they will be delighted to off load stock vehicles, no matter what they tell you. Also remember that the GS is a discontinued model. Convince them that your ‘silly offer’ is credible I.e that if they accept you will complete the deal and then just walk away and leave them your tel no. Also look to chuck in more than just warranty, look for service plans and extended warranty included, plus if you want a full tank of fuel, but personally I would go for a massive discount. You really have nothing to loose, but the key is credibility that you will proceed.
Lexus dealers try to create this air of ‘we don’t discount attitude’ I happen to know that they do, but don’t want it advertised. Good luck, Roger

• Like 1