Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H F-Sport query

Hello guys, 

I've read through a couple of pages and am loving the information available. I'm in the market for an IS300H for my dad and was wondering what optional extras were available in 2014? 

The one I've got my eye on has premium nav, heated/cooled seats. Aside from the ML stereo (My dads not a massive audiophile so the upgraded stereo is the least of his priorities) what else were desirable / useful optional extras?

The car we've short listed has had its 60k service carried out even though it's not covered the miles yet. Is there any other expenses we should be aware off for these cars around 6 years old?

Maybe somebody has a PDF brochure they could send over from back then? 

Thanks in advance,

FI

Check if it still has the original 12v ancillary Battery in it as they seem to have a limited life if not maintained (I.e. topped up on trickle charger) regularly. Other posts out there by other members detailing costs on those if it might need replacing soon. I viewed a 60k black f sport at Lexus Sidcup and passed it up because 1) the salesperson has to jump start it due to knackered battery and 2) it had crash damage repair on the rear left hand quarter panel.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help guys! Really really is proving helpful. So the car we're interested in is missing the ML Stereo upgrade (but has the premium nav - so I guess thats kind of halfway between the basic and the ML stereo?), the Sunroof and the variable suspension. Sounds like it's got pretty much what we'd want / need as standard anyway (cruis, Bluetooth etc).

Any opinions on whether a 2014 IS300h with ~55k miles is good value at ~£13k? 

Thanks again 

1 hour ago, Maxz said:

Check if it still has the original 12v ancillary battery in it as they seem to have a limited life if not maintained (I.e. topped up on trickle charger) regularly. Other posts out there by other members detailing costs on those if it might need replacing soon. I viewed a 60k black f sport at Lexus Sidcup and passed it up because 1) the salesperson has to jump start it due to knackered battery and 2) it had crash damage repair on the rear left hand quarter panel.

Thanks for this tip. Is there a way I can check if it's original when going to view one? Or is it just about asking the owner / checking for an invoice?

1 hour ago, MotorDevil said:

This might help, have the full brochure if you need it too:

image.thumb.png.02d35c28cac2744d7f664d1549894cef.png

This is great - Could you possibly send me the rest of the brochure too? Just so I know what equipment is standard too? 

Thanks again

8 hours ago, PacMan90 said:

Thanks for this tip. Is there a way I can check if it's original when going to view one? Or is it just about asking the owner / checking for an invoice?

Yeah I would ask / check service history or invoice. Unless you are super good with electrics and can check Battery condition with a voltmeter. £13k is cheap/good as the f-sport I saw 60k miles last year at dealer was £20k (but dealer charges top end). Another tip, open both back doors check the original scuff stickers are still on the rear arch sills. If either side or both missing then it has had rear quarter damage repair. Saying that you would not know if major/minor shunt without looking underneath for misaligned/damaged suspensions arms (or new ones that show repair has been done). Hopefully both stickers still there and you don’t have to look any further.

Other forum members also say listen for brake light grinding / rough noise at low speed which could indicate sticking brake pins. Which reminds me I need to check mine! If caught early pins just need removal and regrease but if left brake pads and discs will get ruined and need replacement too.

each body panel will have a vin label its possibly

50mm x 10mm each panel should have matching labels

if the car has been repaired by a non approved repairer

these labels could possibly be missing as i believe they

cost about £100 each

and if a 2nd hand panel has been used it could have

an incorrect vin number label on the panel.

this is just a quick way to identify accident damage

even if the repair is spot on.

10 hours ago, PacMan90 said:

This is great - Could you possibly send me the rest of the brochure too? Just so I know what equipment is standard too? 

TBH the brochure isn't the best place to get all the spec. Attached is the full list.

1399646244140508MEquipmentList.pdf

11 hours ago, PacMan90 said:

So the car we're interested in is missing the ML Stereo upgrade (but has the premium nav - so I guess thats kind of halfway between the basic and the ML stereo?)

Yes it will have the 8 speaker Pioneer system which is quite good.

21 hours ago, PacMan90 said:

Thanks for all your help guys! We went and bought one yesterday! 

Went for an F Sport in the end - Think we got a great deal on it!

Nice one! F Sport defo the best looking version 🏎