Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cars do rust in Japan depending which area its located - so I've been told.  You'd need a good look underneath. If its been brought back and untreated then it won't be a good example.

I imagine its going to be very much a buyers market when lockdown is lifted. Those imported Celsiors just arn't going to make the price sellers want.  They are not a young persons choice of Car exterior design and the older generation are going to be wary of spending cash to change vehicles when the plague continues to float round being potentially lethal. Some Celsiors have been hanging around for more than a year.

As perhaps with most people, Iooking at an alternative Car is a diversion from boredom and after six year ownership has made me think of two alternatives. A LS460 which was for sale rather cheap. Discussed a swap for car and cash but lockdown and my Car not being 100% scotched the prospect. I've always preferred Mercedes S Class design to the Lexus LS430 and have even toyed with the cheap W220 models for sale. Fabulous interiors and reliable Engines, just electric Gremlins and Suspension anxiety.  Think I'm over it now and will probably / possibly stick to the Mk2 LS400 which (imo) was never bettered design wise. No offence meant to other preferred models.

Now is not the time to waste money when I can't even drive a Car anywhere and am a fully paid up member of the "at risk" category - so I keep telling myself. But - will I listen?

II did notice on the Japanese car sites that the earlier  Celsior LS400 models ( 1995 - 2000) are being offered at significantly higher prices than later LS430 equivalents. It would appear demand is still high when supplies are diminishing hence the pricing. 

There are a couple of 97 series III on there with a landed price of around £6500.00, there again try buying a 55,000km example for that here in the Uk.

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I think more pictures are required...:wink:

And I'm sure I've seen that car in Sheffield. Possible?

I’m just down the M1 near junction 28 so you may have spotted me although it spends more time in the garage than out on the road.

I sold some wheels to a guy in Sheffield a few years ago, met up at the Meadowhall Train Station car park.

Another picture? Here you are.

7D4FDF0D-62F2-47AB-80E1-D385797A7868.jpeg

Just now, steve2006 said:

I’m just down the M1 near junction 28 so you may have spotted me although it spends more time in the garage than out on the road.

I sold some wheels to a guy in Sheffield a few years ago, met up at the Meadowhall Train Station car park.

Another picture? Here you are.

7D4FDF0D-62F2-47AB-80E1-D385797A7868.jpeg

That's a nice colour too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, messi said:

That's a nice colour too

It’s down as “Bronze” on the V5C but is in fact “Lexus Dark Silver” according to the paint code.

6 minutes ago, Greer said:

They seem to be well below Lexus prices

that one in Yateley looks a brilliant price and car ( maybe ) 

BUT I'd be going for the Landcruiser amazon at the same price tho'  with 496000 miles  wow, wot a car eh !

Malc

Having just returned from the Supermarket suitably masked and goggled, via a circuitous route to get the Car up to temp (Battery been hovering around the 12.3v mark)  I'm thinking "what on earth would I want to change this marvoulous Car for?"  

Your Celsior is beautiful Steve. You'll only regret selling it.

• Like 1

Oh the import side of things i have done a bit of it in the past and recently so any advice i can help with feel free to ask, for a real bargain u need to buy at auction, sounds scary to many but these guys say exactly whats in the tin on the auction sheets so it is in my opinion a good road to go down

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links