Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F servicing

As rcf gsf now 5 years old are they ellegible for essential servicing?

What non essential parts are left out?

Is it warranty friendly?

Any isf guys use it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

They should be yes. The services are essentially the same, maybe some subtle differences but you can always ask for anything not included to be done in addition. Essentials is basically giving you up to 20% off labour and parts. Attached are the generic standard and essentials check lists.

In theory the dealer isn't meant to stamp your service book, but give you a separate sheet/book. However many dealers just stamp the service book.

There should be no extended warranty issues - that just states it needs to be serviced at a Lexus dealer according to the maintenance schedule.

Lexus - Service Table 0418.pdf

Lexus-Essential-Care-Service-Content-1014_tcm-3066-448394.pdf

2 hours ago, dman2004 said:

I don't believe the F series are included in the essential servicing. 

My ISF nor is the RCF listed on the drop down box: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/lexus-essential-care/

No reason why not, the price will just be higher. Just ask your dealer, Lexus don't put every option on the website.

They will cover F cars as I was offered this at my last service.

However it was the 10 year service which has a few extras in the schedule they were willing to skip, so I declined and haggled a better deal on the scheduled service instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 8:27 PM, ColinBarber said:

No reason why not, the price will just be higher. Just ask your dealer, Lexus don't put every option on the website.

I've just been told essential is not available on the RCF by my Lex dealer

Mines in on the 1st for an interim service and MOT. Thanks to Toothy on here. Got the service for £230.00 with a free MOT because of my extended warranty. They were trying to charge £370.00 plus £55.00 for the MOT. 

Can anyone confirm if the dealer servicing cost for the RCF/GSF has gone up?

I always thought that it was the same/similar to the ISF but looking at my next service(6 year or 60k) it's £920 compared to £780 for the ISF..

Prices increase every year, the 60k service last year was £875.

Service plans are fixed and exclude price inflation, it's one of the key selling points and looking at the increase I'm glad I locked in the £875 via a service plan.

The 60k is £920.00, 70k is £395.00 and the 80k is £730.00 all incl vat

Just had my 50k at 29k miles 😆 Might start using it more.

I took out a 5 year plan and locked in my prices as think it will save me quite big towards the end.

Still outrageous prices for what you get though.