Recommended Posts

Hi guys...

Im new on here so don’t know if I’m posting in the right sections...

I need some help on where to buy some speaker adaptors to fit my CT200H 

Ive bought some 6x9 speakers to go in the front doors but they need adaptors  but I haven’t a clue where to get some...

Would be much appreciated if anyone knows...

Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Umar and welcome to the LOC.

Sorry I have no direct answers for your question but maybe a local car accessory shop or Hi -Fi specialist may be able to help you source some.

Have you already checked the space in the door they’re normally pretty crammed in there with the central locking, door ECU and window mechanisms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hi Umar and welcome to the LOC.

Sorry I have no direct answers for your question but maybe a local car accessory shop or Hi -Fi specialist may be able to help you source some.

Have you already checked the space in the door they’re normally pretty crammed in there with the central locking, door ECU and window mechanisms.

Hi mate 

Thanks for your reply.

yes I’ve checked the space the speakers are located quite far down the door they clear all the wiring etc.

I can get a set of spacers but they from the US & will takes 4 weeks to come so I thought I’d see if any UK stockists has any...

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi Umar

here is a company fairly close to you

http://www.leedscaraudio.co.uk/

i'm sure they can help you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 200h said:

hi Umar

here is a company fairly close to you

http://www.leedscaraudio.co.uk/

i'm sure they can help you

Hi mate 

Thanks for the info iv emailed them waiting for a reply 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are quite a few companies selling them...are they all out of stock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can make them yourself out of MDF.
Save you some money


Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stormchaser said:

You can make them yourself out of MDF.
Save you some money emoji1360.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi 

yes iv searched the net quite a lot can’t seen to find them anywhere for the CT200h.

I bought some MDF yesterday will be making them my self on weekend 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys 

An update on my speakers 

I made some brackets myself out of 9mm MDF board...

First time I ever made anything out of MDF lol not perfect but they do the trick.

The only issue I have now is the sound isn’t all that good... 🤔

The treble is good but the bass is crap 😔

Ive installed JBL’s stage 2. They are 420w & 70w RMS on each speaker.

Thats total power of 840w & 140w RMS.

They should have a good sound but they don’t sound good at all ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would match the output of the audio to a speaker that has

the same / similar nomimal rating as the nominal rating is

where the speaker can be run all day and will sound the best,

if you use a speaker with a higher nominal rating you will

under drive the speaker and it will under perform

likewise if youhave a speaker with a lower nominal value

you will probably damage the speaker over a period of time

due to over driving the speaker and making it work harder

than it likes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

regarding your speaker adapters did you use silicon between the adapter ring and the door panel

as you need to make an air tight seal between the two and the same goes for the speaker to adapter,

between these pieces you could you the white foam type material that you find around a tv / pc monitor

to protect the screen this will help to create a seal, a speaker needs to create pressure in an enclosure

i.e. inside door... if this pressure escapes on the front side of the panel this maybe a reason for poor sound quality,

you could use dynamat behind the speaker on the door skin as this will stop the panel from resonating ,

as a cheap option you could use some self adhesive flashing on a roll as its dense and will stop the door skin

from vibrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 200h said:

regarding your speaker adapters did you use silicon between the adapter ring and the door panel

as you need to make an air tight seal between the two and the same goes for the speaker to adapter,

between these pieces you could you the white foam type material that you find around a tv / pc monitor

to protect the screen this will help to create a seal, a speaker needs to create pressure in an enclosure

i.e. inside door... if this pressure escapes on the front side of the panel this maybe a reason for poor sound quality,

you could use dynamat behind the speaker on the door skin as this will stop the panel from resonating ,

as a cheap option you could use some self adhesive flashing on a roll as its dense and will stop the door skin

from vibrating.

Hi mate.

Thanks for your reply No I didn’t seal the speakers in 

Maybe that’s why they don’t sound good..

I just made the brackets & screwed them in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the original adapters will have a rubber seal or some foam

to make an airtight seal against the door panel and stop water ingress

to make a seal you can use anything as long as it can be compressed

so it can confrom to the profile of the door panel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 200h said:

regarding your speaker adapters did you use silicon between the adapter ring and the door panel

as you need to make an air tight seal between the two and the same goes for the speaker to adapter,

between these pieces you could you the white foam type material that you find around a tv / pc monitor

to protect the screen this will help to create a seal, a speaker needs to create pressure in an enclosure

i.e. inside door... if this pressure escapes on the front side of the panel this maybe a reason for poor sound quality,

you could use dynamat behind the speaker on the door skin as this will stop the panel from resonating ,

as a cheap option you could use some self adhesive flashing on a roll as its dense and will stop the door skin

from vibrating.

Hi mate.

Thanks for your reply No I didn’t seal the speakers in 

Maybe that’s why they don’t sound good..

I just made the brackets & screwed them in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll give it a shot at the weekend I’ll try to seal the gaps let’s see if that helps..

One other thing I couldn’t find out which speaker wires (coming from the car ) is positive and negative.

The Front Right speaker had Green & Brown wires.

The Front Passenger side had Pink & White wires...

Any idea on which is which please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you have the original speaker and know which wire went to which

terminal on the speaker get a 1.5v or a 9v Battery

and connect directly to the speaker , you will see the speaker cone move

either inwards or outwards when the speaker moves outwards

make a note of which terminal on the speaker is connected to the + of the Battery

obviously the positive wire goes here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how many speakers do you have in the car

is it the basic 6 speaker setup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 200h said:

how many speakers do you have in the car

is it the basic 6 speaker setup

Hi yes basic 6 speaker setup...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is a pictorial of the headunit & speaker wiring no colour codes though

the condenser is a crossover so you will only ever get high frequencies

to these cables.

 

 

6 speaker audio wiring diagram.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 200h said:

here is a pictorial of the headunit & speaker wiring no colour codes though

the condenser is a crossover so you will only ever get high frequencies

to these cables.

 

 

6 speaker audio wiring diagram.jpg

Thanks for all the help mate really appreciate it 👍

I’ll get the door cards off when I get some time I’ll seal the speakers in & do the Battery test that you mentioned.

Hopefully that should solve the issue.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.