Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Okay. So I’ve realised this is utterly useless!

is there a way I can just get the system to go straight to the map on switch on rather than having to dismiss the menu and map settings screen first?

After a small win...

I don't think there is a way to deal with this. Having had a 2014 IS300h, a 2015 GS300h, a 2015 RX450h and currently a 2017 RX450h I am constantly annoyed by the same issue. Mind you at the moment you could cut a paper map out of a magazine and stick it with blu tack over the screen 🤣🤣🤣

Mine just comes up with the map on switch-on. Don't know what I did to achieve that - I did update to the latest May 2019 version recently, but I think it did it before.

Mine also goes straight to the map after displaying the safety message.

That's the way it came when I bought it, so I also didn't know it could be changed.

Having said that, after doing a bit of research in the owners manual, it says the following.

I don't suppose you have the 8 inch sat nav screen?  If so, it says:

20200503_223522.thumb.jpg.028c549beb1fbc7fe693062496f41968.jpg

So, you can see that the initial screen is apparently different between the 12.3 inch screen and the other.  Although, since yours is a Premier Les, it would have the larger screen, so I am not sure why it is different.

Still, this is what the manual has about changing the home screen:

20200503_223433.thumb.jpg.e12bc7db0cb68ed18b7ab3b3ae978b89.jpg

Not sure if this will change the initial load screen, but it is worth a check.

Fingers crossed it does the trick because I know how annoying it is to keep having to press buttons to get the car as you want it every time you start it up.

20 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Mine also goes straight to the map after displaying the safety message.

That's the way it came when I bought it, so I also didn't know it could be changed.

My system remembers what the main screen was last set to, but if on the map it will always come up with the destination setting dialog box over the top of the map which you need to cancel. Face lift 12.3" screen but haven't updated the maps so must be on a 2016 firmware. Couldn't see anyway to stop this, but haven't spent long looking into it as I don't tend to have the map on the screen.

Thanks all for the replies It is the larger screen. I’ve had a good look round and can’t find any options in settings. Will update the maps when I can to see if that helps when I have a spare arm and leg and when the madness is over.

Mine too goes straight to the Map screen if i switched of with the map on

if i have had the media screen on it goes straight to that on swich on as john says

3 hours ago, Pidu said:

Map update is just a map update and has nothing to do with infotainment software so do not count anything else will change.

The update also updates the firmware, so it is quite capable of changing any settings if the manufacturer decided to do so after the car is released.

As an example, on my old IS, a map update from 2008 to 2015 allowed the inputting of destinations on the move whereas it was previously greyed out.

The update also updates the firmware, so it is quite capable of changing any settings if the manufacturer decided to do so after the car is released. As an example, on my old IS, a map update from 2008 to 2015 allowed the inputting of destinations on the move whereas it was previously greyed out. 

Maybe the IS was different. Have updated my 2016 GS300h maps and it was strictly map update, not software.Looking for software update some time ago I have found US Lexus website but it did not offer update for 2016 GS.

I spent a while looking in to this when we first bought our 2017 GSF, as I too  frustrated by this feature . The outcome was that there was no way of getting rid of the map menu on start up if you leave the car on the sat Nav screen. This was also confirmed by both Bristol and Newcastle Lexus after sales team. I also looked at a couple of face lifted GS300h cars at Bristol Lexus and they had the same issue. 

Interestingly our 2012 RX450h goes straight to the Nav screen, so maybe it is something Lexus coded in, our for some unknown reason after this point 🤷🏾‍♂️

I updated mine with the May 2019 version. It updated the software as well as the maps.
What year is your GS? And what was new in the software?

Late 2014. There was some rearrangement of menus - nothing very significant, but I don't use the sat nav much anyway - I generally know where I'm going! For when I do use it I want the maps to be as up-to-date as possible. The update was in two phases - it said it was updating the software, then rather worryingly the screen went black for half a minute or so then came back and it said it was updating the mapping. I posted full details of exactly how to do the update on here somewhere.

On 5/6/2020 at 1:12 PM, Pidu said:

Maybe the IS was different. Have updated my 2016 GS300h maps and it was strictly map update, not software.Looking for software update some time ago I have found US Lexus website but it did not offer update for 2016 GS.

It will update the firmware if a newer one is available. Your GS may have been running the same version as on the map update.

It will update the firmware if a newer one is available. Your GS may have been running the same version as on the map update.
That might be the case.