Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H reg no GK64SXU purchase

Hi. I have bit the bullet and bought an rx 450h from a lexus dealership.

Need to wait until restrictions are raised before going to see it.

Looks clean in the pictures sent to me. 

Does anyone know if anyone on the forum owned the car before me ? And what do I need to look out for. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

If the car is an Advantage then check the Diamond Cut wheels for corrosion around the centre caps and insist on refurbishment if there is any sign (Lexus UK paid for mine as a goodwill gesture). Make sure you physically check the car bodywork carefully before accepting delivery. Also check the interior trim especially rear doors for rips and scuffs. 

My last 2015 Advance looked great online and I was assured it was all good. Upon collection it looked fine (thanks to filling polishes). 

Close inspection following a wash required the car to go back and spend nearly 3 weeks in the bodyshop. This included a complete repaint of the tailgate due to a rust bubble near the corner of the number plate. 

This on an Approved Used Lexus. 

😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

If the car is an Advantage then check the Diamond Cut wheels for corrosion around the centre caps and insist on refurbishment if there is any sign (Lexus UK paid for mine as a goodwill gesture). Make sure you physically check the car bodywork carefully before accepting delivery. Also check the interior trim especially rear doors for rips and scuffs. 

My last 2015 Advance looked great online and I was assured it was all good. Upon collection it looked fine (thanks to filling polishes). 

Close inspection following a wash required the car to go back and spend nearly 3 weeks in the bodyshop. This included a complete repaint of the tailgate due to a rust bubble near the corner of the number plate. 

This on an Approved Used Lexus. 

😢

That is poor. Beware Lexus Gloucester, then ?

• Thanks 1

Cartell says it's a Luxury, and DVLA says first registered Sept 2014 so similar to what I have. Most of the Luxury models I've seen have the Design pack with undertrays front and rear. Mine doesn't, which gives it an odd look from some angles.

MoT site says it'd done 54k at its last MoT, going up by about the typical 10-12k a year. It'll be close to 60k now, if not already passed it, so you'll want to see that the expensive 6yr/60,000 miles service has been done including changing of the spark plugs.

If the dealer has changed tyres for the sale then in my experience they'll fit Dunlop or Bridgestone. It'd be nice to see it with a set of Michelin CrossClimates or similar all-seasons.

I can't do much more than look at mine at the moment, and give it the odd run up and down the track - I look forward to doing some decent drives in it one day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi. I’m just curious. Since the showrooms are shut down due to Covid, are you saying you bought the car just by looking at the spec and pictures on the Lexus website ? Did you put a deposit down ?

I was just thinking , it may be weeks yet until you can even see the car. It would drive me mad not being able to go and pick it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have pictures and video of the car and put a deposit on it.

I have dealt with the dealership on many occasions and they have always been very honest, upfront and have always looked after me and anyone I have sent there to purchase a car.

When I purchased my nx there was a bit of damage on one of the wheels, they replaced the wheel.

Yes it is annoying I cannot pick it up, I have no option.

looking forward to it though.