Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 250C Convertible ROOF WONT CLOSE...AND NOW BOOT WONT OPEN

Paulvallo

Hi

Wonder if any one has any ideas...Lexus have £1500 quote for roof which seems excessive. My Roof is stuck in down position. My mechanic of many years told me to isolate Battery for an hour and retry - perfect. I didn't realise that it was only a temporary fix. So nice day, roof down. Trick didn't work. Another mechanic tried just before lock down, but was stumped. I suspect it may be microswitches. I've got a fixD diagnostic...but because car is in garage I can't see where the socket is doh! 

Anyway, was wondering whether any of you marvellous peeps might have any ideas. Oh now I can't even get the boot open...is this a fuse problem?

Looking forward to any help...I'm stuck in twice really

Warm regards

paulvallo

Hi Paul.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

There is a procedure detailed in the "When things go wrong" section of the owners manual showing how to manually raise the roof though it does look like a very involved two man process.  There are about eight fuses relating to the roof operation contained in the fuse box in the boot. Again details are in the owners manual.

Likewise, there is instructions as to how you can use the emergency key to gain access to the boot - again in section 5 of the manual. The key hole is inside the car under a cover between the rear headrests. I'm assuming that you have tried the boot release switch beside the fuel cover release.

The OBD connector is directly underneath the steering wheel but a foot or so towards the bulkhead.

Best of luck.

Dec.

• 7 months later...

Don't manually close your roof unless you have no more options. For doing the manual process you're going to be driving with your car beeping until you lock the trunk mechanism back into place. Two people will have to lift up the trunk on each side at angle and push it in until it clicks into place.