Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF battery.... Totally flat 😞

Hi all, 

Had to jump start the F last week, thought it was just lack of use so gave it a good run out and all seemed well. 

Went to start it again tonight and it's as flat as a pancake, not even a stutter and too flat to jump. 

New Battery is on order but just thought I'd ask if they're is anything I should watch out for on connecting the new one?

Anything I'll need to reset? Anyone done this before? 

Answers on a postcard please 😁😁

Make sure the terminals are the right way round obviously. Only thing that will need a reset is your clock and then windows. Apart from that you are good to go. Best to give the new Battery and over night charge before installing. I assume you still have the original Panasonic yellow label on top Battery

11 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Hmmmm, Twellsie mentioned the windows too. What do I need to reset and how? 

Mines obviously been done before, there is a Yuasa one in there now. 

Windows will reset after a couple of uses, keep hold of switch all way down and up on all windows. You will have to set your seat, steering and mirror preference memory also, after getting them into position use the save setting buttons on drivers door.

Put ignition on, power each window down hold at the end 3-4 seconds, repeat on the up motion also holding for 3-4 seconds at the end and that should do it as i was advised a few days ago from a fellow member, which worked for me

Note: the window reset technique above has got to be done on each windows own switch before the switches in the drivers panel will work.

also if you have a moonroof, that will need re-learning as well.

Or you could just temporarily connect a pair of wires from the new Battery to the cables before disconnecting them from the existing Battery, thereby keeping all settings alive during the changeover.

You may find the throttle response better in normal driving mode, if you are like me in normal mode I gently apply throttle and car learns this. Does not affect sport mode but makes sport mode feel even better after having lazy throttle.

New Battery fitted today...... Still wouldn't start 😞😞

Checked the handbook, followed the advice, closed the door, opened it, tried again. No luck. 

Did it once more, started straight up. 

Actually feels faster now!! 

#placeboeffect

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Northern isf said:

you should have got me round to fix this for you id have had it done in a flash (literally!)

Lol!! 😂😂😂

I remember! 💣💣💣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Northern isf said:

you should have got me round to fix this for you id have had it done in a flash (literally!)

I remember that well too, I just fitted a new Battery into mine and kept saying “check the terminals, check the terminals”.....must of checked about half a dozen times, I also marked the Battery with a marker pen to make sure 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Womble72 said:

I remember that well too, I just fitted a new battery into mine and kept saying “check the terminals, check the terminals”.....must of checked about half a dozen times, I also marked the battery with a marker pen to make sure 😂

haha yes I defo learnt my lesson ive never changed as many fuses in my life think the count was around 47ish so now I check the terminals as much as I first checked out a "gentlemans mag"  I found when I was young'un many many years ago! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2