Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New car day question

Hi guys, 

picked up my 2011 60 rx450h 106k miles today, very pleased with it and a lovely drive.

one question that’s bugging me, in the settings menu the sub heading vehicle customisation is missing. Does anyone know why this is and how to add it? 

thanks

A4FD9DF6-B6DD-4270-93C7-5772D82EF807.jpeg

• Like 1

I think that to access the menu for vehicle customisation on later gen 3 Cars you have to be stationary with the car in park. 

Menu missing I don't understand. 

Have you got the handbook. 

If not you can probably download it from the Lexus website. 

49 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

I think that to access the menu for vehicle customisation on later gen 3 Cars you have to be stationary with the car in park. 

Menu missing I don't understand. 

Have you got the handbook. 

If not you can probably download it from the Lexus website. 

Ye I’ve tried that mate, it’s strange because the menu is totally missing. I’m looking at trying to use Techstream to connect to the car, waiting for the cable to arrive. 

On 5/6/2020 at 9:09 PM, hprice1099 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=a093aed6cc69d2cfHi guys, 

picked up my 2011 60 rx450h 106k miles today, very pleased with it and a lovely drive.

one question that’s bugging me, in the settings menu the sub heading vehicle customisation is missing. Does anyone know why this is and how to add it? 

thanks

A4FD9DF6-B6DD-4270-93C7-5772D82EF807.jpeg

A silly question I suppose Howard, but what makes you think it should be there ?

• Like 1

Good question @royoftherovers. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not available on the pre face lift 3RX. Lexus were very late on allowing any customisation to be carried out using the user interface. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

A silly question I suppose Howard, but what makes you think it should be there ?

It’s in the owner’s manual, that’s why I’m confused.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F.A. said:

Good question @royoftherovers. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not available on the pre face lift 3RX. Lexus were very late on allowing any customisation to be carried out using the user interface. 

Hopefully not, do you think it will be possible to do it in Techstream? 

1 minute ago, Stefan213 said:

Its not there on the prefacelift, i have a 2011 SE-L and its diferent menu feom the facelift one, even the theme its diferent

Thanks, I’m guessing my 2011 60 it’s the newer one? 

14 minutes ago, Stefan213 said:

hprice1099 my bad, i can see on youtube the submenu it is o the prefacelift... that it is odd, i want it as well 😁

What video was that mate? I’ve asked Lexus to look into it, I won’t find out until they open.

22 minutes ago, hprice1099 said:

What video was that mate? I’ve asked Lexus to look into it, I won’t find out until they open.

Its a 2012 but not the facelift and with the same infotainment graphics, from what i can see

6 minutes ago, Stefan213 said:

Its a 2012 but not the facelift and with the same infotainment graphics, from what i can see

That’s the one mate, I’m going to try when I get the OBD port lead 👍🏻

I don't know what you want to customise but do you have these buttons on your stearing wheel? image.png.41ce7c32c6f6bc80fba03f5638d761d0.png if you do, look at page 617 item 6.2 in your owners manual. If you press and hold the menu button while stopped you may get to the info you require.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gliderpilot said:

I don't know what you want to customise but do you have these buttons on your stearing wheel? image.png.41ce7c32c6f6bc80fba03f5638d761d0.png if you do, look at page 617 item 6.2 in your owners manual. If you press and hold the menu button while stopped you may get to the info you require.

Well done that man lol it gave me access to some settings, still not as many as the above video 👍🏻👍🏻