Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shopping Car?

Ian M

The current tank of fuel is 8 or maybe even 10 weeks old, I really can't remember now and all it's done in that time is a few shopping trips - 38.2 miles, averaging 18.8 mpg according to the on board system. 😭
4.3l V8s weren't really designed as shopping cars.  Shame we're not allowed to go anywhere more interetsing.

IMG_20200507_084927_resized_20200507_100334249.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I’ve filled mine up twice since the lockdown and covered some amazing mileage, the Battery was a bit flat the other day but a quick charge sorted things out so it now starts on the button. I also did all the service maintenance, cleaned it and checked all the tyre pressures. I also ran it through all the height positions.

The grass hasn’t looked this good for years. 😀

AC5DC7F1-E2D1-4988-97DE-5BBA55118556.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ian, at least the sun has mostly been shining with the driest April on record...so your top down runs out should have been pleasant right? #jealous

I normally fill up every 10 days/2 weeks but my last fill up was 2 months ago! #ka-ching

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

The current tank of fuel is 8 or maybe even 10 weeks old, I really can't remember now and all it's done in that time is a few shopping trips - 38.2 miles, averaging 18.8 mpg according to the on board system. 😭
4.3l V8s weren't really designed as shopping cars.  Shame we're not allowed to go anywhere more interetsing.

Very,very nice indeed,but beware low flying birds !

16 hours ago, steve2006 said:

You’re very brave parking in a supermarket car park, even more so next to the trolley store. 😀

It's actually not a bad spot to park, the car park has a very gentle slope down towards the store and there is only one space above my car at the top of the car park.  My 'dynamic risk assessment' reckons it's about the best option.

Just under 4 miles round the ring road is hardly a pleasant trip out, but it's the best we can get these days. 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

It's actually not a bad spot to park, the car park has a very gentle slope down towards the store and there is only one space above my car at the top of the car park.  My 'dynamic risk assessment' reckons it's about the best option.

Just under 4 miles round the ring road is hardly a pleasant trip out, but it's the best we can get these days. 

That’s not Sainsbury’s at Ripley is it, I don’t go often enough to be sure from the picture?

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

That’s not Sainsbury’s at Ripley is it, I don’t go often enough to be sure from the picture?

No, it's Osmaston Park in Derby

On 5/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, Ian M said:

That spec is awesome, love the red!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Malc said:

is this the              Last Tango in Halifax          car ?  :unsure:

Malc

I had to google that.  No, it appears that Last Tango in Halifax (which I have never watched) involves an IS250C, but in a similar colour combination. 

• Like 1

Mine's giving me 5 weeks to the gallon...

But as an aside I've had the time to give her a really good exterior spruce up: thorough wash, clay bar, Meguiars DA cut & finish and followed up with Turtle Wax ceramic.  Absolutely gleaming now and rready for a top-down day out. 😄

R

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

😍

On 5/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, Ian M said:

I think its time to move that one on to me ................ thats the car Im after !! Health to drive , Sir😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2020 at 5:48 PM, nicnac said:

😍

I think its time to move that one on to me ................ thats the car Im after !! Health to drive , Sir😍

Not for sale! 

It's done a load more miles now lockdown is easing a bit and on a couple of occasions I have had to put the roof up just to keep the sun at bay.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ian M said:

Not for sale! 

It's done a load more miles now lockdown is easing a bit and on a couple of occasions, I have had to put the roof up just to keep the sun at bay.  

Its a beautiful motor in Red. Unfortunately I think Im going to have to settle for Silver /Cream interior , even though they dont look as good. Red seems to be rarer than hens teeth ! . 

11 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Its a beautiful motor in Red. Unfortunately I think Im going to have to settle for Silver /Cream interior , even though they dont look as good. Red seems to be rarer than hens teeth ! . 

I've had mine about a year now, and spent the previous year looking.  Condition apart, my two criteria were not silver or grey outside and not black inside.   There are very few which meet both criteria.

My only real complaint is that, being a 2009 car, mine has ridiculously high road tax (It’s worked out at about 16p a mile over 12 months, which is more expensive than the insurance!)

Good luck with the hunting.

17 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Did you look on facebook marketplace, theres a red one from Liverpool on there!

1 hour ago, ThomasD94 said:

Did you look on facebook marketplace, theres a red one from Liverpool on there!

Hi Thomas, Yes I saw that . Im looking for a facelift model  Thanks anyway 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I've had mine about a year now, and spent the previous year looking.  Condition apart, my two criteria were not silver or grey outside and not black inside.   There are very few which meet both criteria.

My only real complaint is that, being a 2009 car, mine has ridiculously high road tax (It’s worked out at about 16p a mile over 12 months, which is more expensive than the insurance!)

Good luck with the hunting.

Thank you . Probably going to settle for a good one with light interior . Silver is ok with me although not my best choice . More important to me the condition . Yours looks perfect so enjoy a beauty . Will sell my Honda S2000 maybe next year .and keep the SC for fun and the CRV for day to day use . . 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, nicnac said:

Im looking for a facelift model 

This one has just popped up literally the other side of the city from me.  It's silver but it's a face-lift with a cream interior and very low mileage.  May be of interest. 

https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/l-Used-Lexus-SC-430-Derby-d3399_L965137#listing=143594238