Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another day's lockdown, better introduce myself.

daveenty

Hello all, been lurking here a while now but not really bothered posting as I've had nothing of interest to say really.

I acquired the RX450 (Advance I believe) back in August 2018 with 30,800 miles on it. It was actually bought from a local Volkswagen dealership, so I'm assuming they took it as a part exchange on something. It's still only got around 33,500 on it as it's a second car, though I tend not to use them very often nowadays having practically retired. The car's just had it's big 6 year service with my local (Bolton) dealership and is waiting to go back in to them for an intermittent (over 1 year now) non-opening tailgate fault, though that's currently on hold due to the lockdown thing. This fault alone was what decided me to take out the extended 2 year warranty as apparently the new motor alone was over £1,200 without labour. I had a week or so remaining from when I bought the car so it seemed logical to renew it for <£1k

OK, intro done, off to browse your forum. 🙂

• Like 1

Hello Dave and welcome to the LOC.

There are some shocking prices when it comes to Lexus parts so the warranty is a good idea especially when you get more than the premium back on one claim. Does the extended warranty also give you breakdown cover?

I need a couple of seat base replacement covers on mine, a 1994 Lexus LS400 variant.... £1495.00 each ....they’ll rot on the shelf before I pay those prices.

40 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Hello Dave and welcome to the LOC.

There are some shocking prices when it comes to Lexus parts so the warranty is a good idea especially when you get more than the premium back on one claim. Does the extended warranty also give you breakdown cover?

I need a couple of seat base replacement covers on mine, a 1994 Lexus LS400 variant.... £1495.00 each ....they’ll rot on the shelf before I pay those prices.

Hi Steve,

Yes, I do indeed get the breakdown cover with it which they have kindly just extended as a freebie due to the current situation. Having said that, I suppose that they can afford to really as nobody's actually going anywhere at the moment...

I have another 10 months to go yet so when it gets nearer the time I'll see if I want to renew it again, no real rush at the moment. 🙂

Welcome Dave.

I had expected you to contribute before now having bought the RX a little while ago.

The MB fraternity sure does not like to be told of its relative infallibility, but I`m sure that many of them will come to realise the Lexus attributes as they grow older and wiser. It is a great pity that MB do not warrant their Hybrid Batteries for 15 years as do Lexus.

I`ve had mine for 6 years now and not had a problem. The Extended Warranty covers vehicles up to 10 years old and 140,000 miles, but does require the vehicle to be serviced at Lexus Dealerships.

I look forward to your future contributions.

Cheers John, I wouldn't entertain a Mercedes hybrid though, as you probably know, I do tend to like my big petrol engined things, hence all the AMGs. 😉

I'm not really doing the miles any more so will probably keep hold of this RX for a bit longer, at least another 12 months anyway. I've only put around 1,000 miles on the current Mercedes since I bought it in October due to a combination of illness and, once I started to recover, this lockdown thing so in reality under 1,500 miles in 8 months or so with both cars.

I'll keep popping in here as it seems a lot more chilled than some of the forums which I currently visit. I certainly have the time at the moment...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daveenty said:

Cheers John, I wouldn't entertain a Mercedes hybrid though, as you probably know, I do tend to like my big petrol engined things, hence all the AMGs. 😉

I'm not really doing the miles any more so will probably keep hold of this RX for a bit longer, at least another 12 months anyway. I've only put around 1,000 miles on the current Mercedes since I bought it in October due to a combination of illness and, once I started to recover, this lockdown thing so in reality under 1,500 miles in 8 months or so with both cars.

I'll keep popping in here as it seems a lot more chilled than some of the forums which I currently visit. I certainly have the time at the moment...

Interesting that you say that because this does generally seem quite a chilled forum, I guess that's because so many of us are chuffed with our Japanese purchases!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links