Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Covid-19 and F car prices.

I wonder how Covid-19 is going to impact F car prices? Possibly some bargains out there once the government stops propping up the industry.

When there is surplus stock maybe but I don't expect a fire sale with f cars unless unfortunate owners need to get rid due to finding themselves in financial difficulty. It was a niche to begin with. 

Currently 15 plates being advertised a couple grand higher than last summer.

A 2 year old car at 42k whereas 2 year olds used to go for 38.

There's going to be a period of inflaaaiiiiition too.

Need to inflate all this debt away.

Of course, advertised prices are different to sales prices.

If sold by weight the C63 will always be worth more [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Well from my experience an F car isn't easy to sell as was pointed out to me. So I guess there is absolutely no chance of selling one now, unless you offer to give it away. Still I can think of worse cars to be stuck with.

If what I read in some of the financial papers is correct we're f**ked well and truly, cars, property you name it.

It looks like the fabled 'Black Swan event' is on its way.

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

I wonder how Covid-19 is going to impact F car prices? Possibly some bargains out there once the government stops propping up the industry.

I was wondering about this too. In the 2008 financial crisis, car dealers and manufacturers were desperate to sell cars because there were too many new cars as well as too many second-hand cars.

But in the coming financial crisis there won't be too many new cars because factories around the world have been closed for a month or so. The SMMT says: "Record -97.3% fall for UK new car market in April as coronavirus shuts showrooms."

That means when buyers begin to return they may not be able to find the new car they want and may decide to make do with a nearly new second hand car instead. This could push up second hand prices until the factories begin to make up the shortfall.

On the other hand, if potential buyers now have no job and no spare money they won't be buying anything, creating downward pressure on the prices of new and second-hand cars. It will be interesting to see which way it goes.

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Of course, advertised prices are different to sales prices.

Totally agree. I suspect private sales will be where the bargains (if any) will be.

If sold by weight the C63 will always be worth more emoji6.png

'Sold by torque' you mean 🤪

Rumour has it your mentor, your buddy has gone A M G.  Is this true?

I seen there is a cheap RCF on the approved used site, seems cheaper than normal to me anyway: https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Rc-F-Coupe/500-50-2dr-Auto-n5ca7gw

Its just a one-off from what I can tell as the ISF prices still seem strong to me. I keep eyeing up that 13 plate silver one for £22k

I keep get tempted to get something newer than my JDM 08 but then sense kicks in and for the price increase I wont be gaining much. Everyone loves a treat though 🙂

I'm not sure about mentor [emoji23]

But I hear he has bought a 3 pointed Swastika, yes.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:52 PM, Comedian said:

I'm not sure about mentor emoji23.png

But I hear he has bought a 3 pointed Swastika, yes.

@Big Rat, the most infamous LOC member of all time has gone AMG.

Surely, his Lexus understudies will follow?

Nah I'm in Scotty Kilmer's camp on this.

Used cars generally are going to be much cheaper - no doubt about it but I think most of those will be ex fleet / lease type stuff.

Lots of choice, lots of cars not many buyers. Not sure you'd get much on trade in if dealers not moving stock. 

Will F values change? Not sure, over the long term I think they'll hold due to lack of choice.

My position is currently hold - to the point I've bought some new discs on offer, expecting them to cost much more in the future. 

On 5/8/2020 at 1:21 PM, Dave400SE said:

A car for sale in Bradford.......the general rule is "avoid, avoid, avoid" although I'm not sure if that extends to a Lexus main dealer

You realise that most Lexus approved used vehicles are actually purchased from the Lexus network or through BCA Lexus/Toyota auctions right?

On a side note, most of my cars have been from Bradford. Have to say, the prep and conditions of vehicles were much better than those from much bigger/well known Lexus dealerships

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

You realise that most Lexus approved used vehicles are actually purchased from the Lexus network or through BCA Lexus/Toyota auctions right?

On a side note, most of my cars have been from Bradford. Have to say, the prep and conditions of vehicles were much better than those from much bigger/well known Lexus dealerships

Thought that might be the case, hence the "not sure".......good to hear re: Lexus Bradford - glad they're a different kettle of fish to the other dealers/traders in the area

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links