Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any main dealers open?

Good question.

what is the official position re main dealers generally? Have they been told they must shut or is it because they cannot protect customers and staff.

Most of our local small vehicle repair garages are open and busy.

I looked at several Lexus dealer Facebook pages and none are open other than to help NHS etc.

I don't know if there is a "Lexus Policy" but my local dealer at Hedge End, Southampton is reopening for servicing in June. They are operating safe distancing with no while you wait service and no loan vehicles.

Lexus Swindon are Lexus Parts Direct and I know they're open for at least parts because I spoke to them the other day. Anywhere near you? (Says Northerner gesturing in a rough southerly direction)

I spoke to the service manager at Bristol Lexus yesterday and both of our cars are booked in for next week. The RX is in on Tuesday for a warranty repair on the suspension pending parts and the GSF is in for its service and first MOT. 

They are working. on the basis of one in one out at the dealership, no courtesy car or delivery service which is all understandable. 

39 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Lexus Swindon are Lexus Parts Direct and I know they're open for at least parts because I spoke to them the other day. Anywhere near you? (Says Northerner gesturing in a rough southerly direction)

Not far. I'm in Oxfordshire.

19 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I spoke to the service manager at Bristol Lexus yesterday and both of our cars are booked in for next week. The RX is in on Tuesday for a warranty repair on the suspension pending parts and the GSF is in for its service and first MOT. 

They are working. on the basis of one in one out at the dealership, no courtesy car or delivery service which is all understandable. 

Ok. Might call them. Thanks

Lexus Bradford stating on their Facebook page that they are now open for servicing and repair by appointment.

Hopefully others will follow and maybe sales will open at beginning of June.

On 5/12/2020 at 7:19 AM, The Bodyman said:

Reading have given me a new date of the 18th May. 

18th has been cancelled. They've given me a new date of the 1st June. But this time I can wait in the dealership. 

Our RX had a ball joint replaced today at Bristol. Good service as usual keeping inline with government regulations. 

• Like 1

The fact they have told you that waiting is ok must mean they whole dealership is open from 1st June. 
Hoping that sales departments will have plenty of business to keep these dealerships sound.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 6:23 AM, AJ500 said:

Hopefully others will follow and maybe sales will open at beginning of June.

Sheffield are back open for parts and service.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

RCF serviced yesterday at Jamca Reading. Only me and one other having a work done there yesterday. The other chap was a morning booking. Mine was booked in at 3:30. Service manager told me the service department and workshop were open until 10:00 pm with no other bookings after mine.     

1 hour ago, The Bodyman said:

RCF serviced yesterday at Jamca Reading. Only me and one other having a work done there yesterday. The other chap was a morning booking. Mine was booked in at 3:30. Service manager told me the service department and workshop were open until 10:00 pm with no other bookings after mine.     

Got mine booked for Reading next Tuesday at 3:30pm, so will see how busy they are then.

Jonathan, did you wait while it was being serviced?  If so, were there places to hang around?  I usually take my laptop with me to use whilst they do their thing, but not sure that is feasible in this situation.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Got mine booked for Reading next Tuesday at 3:30pm, so will see how busy they are then.

Jonathan, did you wait while it was being serviced?  If so, were there places to hang around?  I usually take my laptop with me to use whilst they do their thing, but not sure that is feasible in this situation.

Thanks.

Hi. Yes I did. I had a service and MOT done so there for nearly 3 hours. They are two round booths with chairs and screens and there's an internet desk that looks out over the forecourt. Its all laid out to keep you 2 meters apart and I believe its one service appointment at a time.

They charged me an extra £12 to sanitise my car.      

• Like 1

I got mine serviced in 2 weeks in Guildford. I'm planning as usual to take a courtesy car for a day.

They haven't mentioned any extras for sanitise, I'm pretty sure they can cover £12 from the £500 they are going to charge me anyway 🙂