Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any main dealers open?

4 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

How much do they charge for courtesy car?

Emailed Lexus Guildford asking for a 100k service, date at their discretion. Two days and no reply.

I’ve found before they are not the best with emails.

It is best to give them a call directly and book.

Im using them for few years now and never paid extra for courtesy car. Most time I was given NX/CT/ES. 
I drop mine at 8am and come back to pick up after 5pm

As for price 100k service it is major + coolant. Fixed prices states £710, essential option probably a bit cheaper. You also got free hybrid system check and warranty extension included in that.

My car is booked into Lexus Birmingham on Monday for its MOT. They usually give me a courtesy car, but during the pandemic are obviously not offering this service. 

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Courtesy car not available for another month.

Booked in for next week without one.

Do they always wash the car?

Maybe I need to call them once again then as something might has changed since I booked the service.

4 hours ago, Hangie said:

Maybe I need to call them once again then as something might has changed since I booked the service.

Mine was booked in with a courtesy car but that was dropped. 

Our NX was in today for its first service (at 1 year and one month old) at Hedge End. They only opened up on Monday. They have stopped washing cars to avoid unnecessary people touching them and do not provide courtesy vehicles. They seem to be taking great care with wiping down touch surfaces, keys etc.

The only downside was the much longer than normal time taken to get the service done. We had a lot of time to waste so we went to M&S, B&Q etc. just round the corner and finally ended up sitting on the grass bank outside the showroom to while away the last hour.

However, they were very helpful and all was pretty satisfactory. I am sure the service will "slick up" when they get more used to the new requirements.

21 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Our NX was in today for its first service (at 1 year and one month old) at Hedge End. They only opened up on Monday. They have stopped washing cars to avoid unnecessary people touching them and do not provide courtesy vehicles. They seem to be taking great care with wiping down touch surfaces, keys etc.

The only downside was the much longer than normal time taken to get the service done. We had a lot of time to waste so we went to M&S, B&Q etc. just round the corner and finally ended up sitting on the grass bank outside the showroom to while away the last hour.

However, they were very helpful and all was pretty satisfactory. I am sure the service will "slick up" when they get more used to the new requirements.

I had my RCF serviced the Thursday of last week the 28th. Did seem a bit strange as they had a separate room for you to wait and you couldn't look around, I got bored so had a look around the parked cars, no courtesy car either

On 6/3/2020 at 2:23 PM, Mossypossy said:

How much do they charge for courtesy car?

Emailed Lexus Guildford asking for a 100k service, date at their discretion. Two days and no reply.

Mine was free, I did see a sign stating £14.99 per day.

16 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I had my RCF serviced the Thursday of last week the 28th. Did seem a bit strange as they had a separate room for you to wait and you couldn't look around, I got bored so had a look around the parked cars, no courtesy car either

Dave, so you weren’t able to spot my red carbon RCF in the corner gathering dust? It’s been at Hedge End in pieces since early March awaiting parts from the factory due to a hungry rodent. Apparently all factory parts orders got cancelled and they’ve resubmitted the paperwork. Expect to have car repaired sometime in July. Good job I’ve got other vehicles.

Warranty expired in May and I’ve asked about an extension as I can’t do any end of warranty check. I’ve taken out the extended warranty, but still want things like valley gasket and headers checked over while Lexus original warranty applies.  They’ve gone quiet.......

1 hour ago, Rompy said:

Dave, so you weren’t able to spot my red carbon RCF in the corner gathering dust? It’s been at Hedge End in pieces since early March awaiting parts from the factory due to a hungry rodent. Apparently all factory parts orders got cancelled and they’ve resubmitted the paperwork. Expect to have car repaired sometime in July. Good job I’ve got other vehicles.

Warranty expired in May and I’ve asked about an extension as I can’t do any end of warranty check. I’ve taken out the extended warranty, but still want things like valley gasket and headers checked over while Lexus original warranty applies.  They’ve gone quiet.......

No I didn't see it but I kept around the front reception area. That's a pain for you having a problem so early in ownership, reminds me of my neighbour from many years back who had an old Mini and rats or mice had eaten the plastic on the wiring. He told me ages after that he thought it might have been me sabotaging his car. I told him he must be a *****r to even think I'd be bothered to do such a thing, never got on that well after.

I have found Hedge End to be very good so far so I hope you get yours will be back and running, a very tall chap serviced mine and seems to be into cars.

Yes, Hedge End seem switched on. Just waiting for parts from Japan.

I’ve started looking at Battery options as I suspect it will be fubared after 12 weeks plus just standing there. 

looking forward to a (legal) blast when it’s fixed. 

• Like 1

So had my MOT yesterday, and when they rang me to let me know, told me it was just going to be cleaned before it was ready, which surprised me. I asked them not to do the outside as I prefer doing it myself, but they certainly did the inside.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whoop whoop

Hedge End have pulled out the stops and it’s ready to collect tomorrow. Social distancing means it hasn’t been cleaned, but after 3 months, I’m just glad to be collecting it. 

I’ll give it a thorough clean over the weekend after I collect a few flies on the M27. 

58 minutes ago, Rompy said:

Whoop whoop

Hedge End have pulled out the stops and it’s ready to collect tomorrow. Social distancing means it hasn’t been cleaned, but after 3 months, I’m just glad to be collecting it. 

I’ll give it a thorough clean over the weekend after I collect a few flies on the M27. 

Excellent news, I've never been that keen on the dealer cleaning my car and always ask them not to clean it.

It'll be good to know another RCF is blasting about the area.

Lexus Chester is up and running too. They have a simple and clear distancing system and are making sure people feel safe. They cleaned the car too.

Outside they had a Sonic Titanium RC300h. I'd not seen that shade before and I quite liked it. I'm not normally a fan of grey or silver shades, but that looked smart.

Lexus Ipswich are up and running as well. Had mine serviced today and took a courtesy car away for the day. My car was cleaned and sanitised inside on collection as well.

Can you believe there was another customers blue RCF in the car park as well when I turned up (like buses). Not sure if it was anybody’s on here, noticed a personal reg and front splitter fitted.