Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Basic to premium

Hi everyone, a question, I have a 2017 Advance with standard nav, rear parking camera, now although my car has the 10.25” screen I don’t use it all as I don’t have premium infotainment, can it be retrospectively upgraded to premium thereby utilising the entire screen?

Hi everyone, a question, I have a 2017 Advance with standard nav, rear parking camera, now although my car has the 10.25” screen I don’t use it all as I don’t have premium infotainment, can it be retrospectively upgraded to premium thereby utilising the entire screen?

If I’m wrong on this then I apologise for misleading, I thought all 300h’s had a 10.25” screen but only used about 8” of it, everyone I’ve ever seen has two black boarders down either side of the screen.

Upgrading premium isn’t as easy as it seem, believe you’ll need:
Head unit
Mouse controller
Amplifier
Speakers, all of them as they as diffferent to the standard ones.
Wiring loom

You may also need to program the car via tech stream to accept the stereo, again someone else will be able to confirm this.

Given the cost of it you may be worth looking at an android screen replacement that gives you the 10.25” and also gives apple Carplay/android auto as well as google maps etc, they are about £600
The other alternative is a grom unit that plugs in between the screen and head unit, retains your screen but gives you all of the android auto/Apple Carplay, they are about £400

Hope that helps a little

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

my 17 plate has premium nav and the 10.25" screen i can use all of the screen ,

on the larger screen you can only have a 2 way split on the widescreen display

whereas on the smaller screen you can have a 3 way split , initially i missed the 3 way split

it doesnt bother me now and like the way it is.

my 17 plate has premium nav and the 10.25" screen i can use all of the screen ,
on the larger screen you can only have a 2 way split on the widescreen display
whereas on the smaller screen you can have a 3 way split , initially i missed the 3 way split
it doesnt bother me now and like the way it is.

You learn something new every day.
I wasn’t aware of the spec on the facelifted cars.

I would imagine it will be very costly to upgrade to a 10.25 screen as well as all the other bits you would have to replace to take the stereo to premium.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk