Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I just got my -04 Celsior to show a Japanese message that was translated to something like "Change Air Conditioner filter".

Does it mean the cabin filter or that Air Purifier in the trunk? Or does the air conditioner have it's own filter somewhere?

Hi its the cabin filter, behind the glove box

You can reset it though following this procedures:

Switch the car on

Press the off button on the climate control, keep it pressed until you hear a ding

Switch the car off, and then back on again, and that's should clear it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

I used to blow mine through with an air hose. They do get really mucky.

The OEM and quality replacement filters have carbon within to reduce odours so you should ideally replace them periodically rather than just blow them out.

14 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The OEM and quality replacement filters have carbon within to reduce odours so you should ideally replace them periodically rather than just blow them out.

I agree with that, my Volvo had a carbon/charcoal filter and I replaced it with a lesser one, now I can really smell things like diesel fumes which I couldn't before.

54 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I agree with that, my Volvo had a carbon/charcoal filter and I replaced it with a lesser one, now I can really smell things like diesel fumes which I couldn't before.

I also agree, but on the LS 430 , plus I am sure on other models,  there is a sensor which switches the air supply over automatically  to recirc, if traffic fumes are detected.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

I also agree, but on the LS 430 , plus I am sure on other models,  there is a sensor which switches the air supply over automatically  to recirc, if traffic fumes are detected.

Yes, I've got that on the Volvo as well although I'm never sure how much pollution you need before it kicks in!

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

On the LS430 there is a sensitivity setting to alter when it kicks in, but there will always be an amount that enters before it switches to recirculate. 

I didn't know it was controllable, a shame my manual is in Japanese!

4 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I didn't know it was controllable, a shame my manual is in Japanese!

Press and hold the recirculate button for 5 seconds, that should give you the sensitivity setting - I think you can adjust between 1 and 5.

• Thanks 1