Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Playing Video from USB (which codec?)

Hello,

On my 2014 IS300H I've tried to play some mp4 videos, but it only plays sound, video shows blue.

The car is in park as I know it should only work in this gear and so I'm wondering if someone have already successfully played videos in the car and if so which codec and resolution was used in the mp4 files.

Thanks in advance,

Bruno

1 minute ago, Zotto said:

On USB probably only audio files...

I see the option there for videos. It finds the video files (mp4) and the screen when playing them is like a video with a video window. The only problem is that it doesn't show the video, everything blue, which makes me wonder that the codec is not supported.

1 minute ago, Zotto said:

You could also try another format, as it' s impossible to install any codec in system.

Yes, but I wad trying to see if someone knew which codec so I don't try to reinvent the wheel here trying multiple codecs and resolutions...

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you got this sorted already but although you are in "P", make sure the foot brake/handbrake is engaged too. Hopefully that should work.  

On 5/27/2020 at 4:21 AM, rumz82 said:

Not sure if you got this sorted already but although you are in "P", make sure the foot brake/handbrake is engaged too. Hopefully that should work.  

I had already given up, but you were absolutely right. With the "handbrake" it works.

Thank you so much! This is to put some videos in an usb pen for my daughter to watch when we are parking waiting for mummy or something...:)

I’d suggest that you keep the hybrid system running while you do this. It won’t run the engine much to keep the HV Battery charged. If you run it on accessory mode then the 12v Battery can go flat very easily.

1 hour ago, bjf101 said:

I’d suggest that you keep the hybrid system running while you do this. It won’t run the engine much to keep the HV battery charged. If you run it on accessory mode then the 12v battery can go flat very easily.

Yes, I do know that. Many thanks.

11 hours ago, BrunoLeal said:

I had already given up, but you were absolutely right. With the "handbrake" it works.

Thank you so much! This is to put some videos in an usb pen for my daughter to watch when we are parking waiting for mummy or something...:)

Glad I was of help.