Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

eBay, Parts in Motion £181 free 24 delivery.

If possible could you read the idler bearing numbers off the actual bearings. It is etched on the bearings and often also shown on the red rubber seals. I am guessing they are 6203RS, but conformation would be appreciated.

Thanks John.

2 hours ago, Britprius said:

If possible could you read the idler bearing numbers off the actual bearings. It is etched on the bearings and often also shown on the red rubber seals. I am guessing they are 6203RS, but conformation would be appreciated.

Thanks John.

I don't know if this means anything but it's the only numbers they have. The tensioner is Japanese NSK 6006DW18. The idler, again made in Japan, Koyo 63/28RR9D.  The belt is Gates made in the USA and I didn't take the pump out of the wrapper as the gaskets and new bolts are together with it but again it says Gates WP0185.  It all means nowt to me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I don't know if this means anything but it's the only numbers they have. The tensioner is Japanese NSK 6006DW18. The idler, again made in Japan, Koyo 63/28RR9D.  The belt is Gates made in the USA and I didn't take the pump out of the wrapper as the gaskets and new bolts are together with it but again it says Gates WP0185.  It all means nowt to me!

Thanks Phil I will see if I can cross reference any of those numbers.

John.

Do a little research on the bearings. type seems to vary.  Mine were standard ones readily available of many known brands cheap for my 1995.  Note that the bearings are a press fit and then bearings with sligtly larger play shall be fitted and is.  Those are on standard bearings generically marked  2RS for rubber lip seal and C3 for the slightly larger bearing play.  I bougth standard bearing first and had to redo it when I felt that the bearing was a bit tight after assembly.   

I bougth a cheap 9 £ idler with bearing for another LS. That bearing felt soso with a unknown brand  bearing and lots of play. I will check that one after 1 year. Not happy with that.