Sign in to follow this  
rich1068

Airbag ECU?

Recommended Posts

Bit of a long shot but would anyone know where I might be able to source an airbag ECU for a '95 JZZ31 Soarer? Or a part number? It's the "small" ECU apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Bit of a long shot but would anyone know where I might be able to source an airbag ECU for a '95 JZZ31 Soarer? Or a part number? It's the "small" ECU apparently. 

Richard are you missing the particular ECU or is yours faulty? I ask because there are companies that repair/reset airbag ecu's.

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the part you are looking for, there is a place in Chesterfield that breaks Soarers called Puremoto

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LEXUS-SOARER-TT-SC300-SC400-BREAKING-FOR-PARTS/153915792212?hash=item23d6189b54:g:SbAAAOSwUdlWgY~P

A8433F11-FA39-4301-9892-5683A1C37440.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rich, I have located a secondhand ECU for you if you need one, let me know via PM and I’ll pass the details over to you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Britprius said:

Richard are you missing the particular ECU or is yours faulty? I ask because there are companies that repair/reset airbag ecu's.

John.

Hi John. Thanks for the reply. Not mine but the ECU is faulty and cost is rather crucial so I think third party fixes may not be an option.

16 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I think this is the part you are looking for, there is a place in Chesterfield that breaks Soarers called Puremoto

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LEXUS-SOARER-TT-SC300-SC400-BREAKING-FOR-PARTS/153915792212?hash=item23d6189b54:g:SbAAAOSwUdlWgY~P

A8433F11-FA39-4301-9892-5683A1C37440.png

 

13 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Rich, I have located a secondhand ECU for you if you need one, let me know via PM and I’ll pass the details over to you.

I'd very much like to speak to you Steve if that's at all possible? I'll PM you my number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately my cunning plan is going a bit Pete Tong.

The car itself has no MOT or tax due to the airbag fault. Currently a repair as suggested by @Britprius seems to be the only option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for getting in touch today Steve. I've spoken to Tom. Fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this