Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, guys. Today I installed an Android Head unit in my Lexus RCF. It wasn’t easy, but all’s well after 6 hours of work. Everything works well. It’s the latest version Android 9.0 with 4GB RAM and a 64 GB hard disk. 

31A2B833-B9CA-4938-B3BD-B9D2B3F3706D.jpeg

DD26E90C-37DA-4557-B18C-DDCA88730F85.jpeg

A1C6D447-1AC6-429E-B474-D4EF2CB2AAEB.jpeg

31521DBA-4D37-43F7-9BED-5337D3352A8F.jpeg

6AD5C794-E21A-40BE-BFA9-1B8B0FDD2BE9.jpeg

050893BF-1676-40F7-88B4-0C12404CF0B0.jpeg

667F6A91-2587-4A34-ABB1-E065959AFAE5.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, The Bodyman said:

Is it touch screen and can you still access the Lexus controls as they were?

@The Bodyman, yes, it is touch screen and Lexus controls work as well, including trackpad. You can also connect and external Bluetooth computer mouse to the system, I tried it and it works pretty well. 

1 hour ago, Silkmen said:

Cezar, please can you provide a link to where you purchased it from?

£598.85  35% Off | Car Radio Android 9.0 GPS for Lexus RC F  RCF RC200T RC350 2013 2014 2015 Car Bluetooth head unit multimedia Premium Navigation
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dT1n045

I can provide fitting and the unit at a discounted price. PM if interested 

Looks amazing Cezar, I will to have to wait for more certain times, but it is definitely something I am interested in doing. 

Not sure Lexus finance would appreciate the upgrade to their car however in my case 😛

• Thanks 1

It shouldn’t bother them, @V8ORBUST

Only the screen it’s getting changed, everything else stays with the car (the Mark&Levinson system, satnav, etc). You can swirch to the OEM factory system in parallel at a touch of a button 

28 minutes ago, Cezar B said:

It shouldn’t bother them, @V8ORBUST

Only the screen it’s getting changed, everything else stays with the car (the Mark&Levinson system, satnav, etc). You can swirch to the OEM factory system in parallel at a touch of a button 

To be fair, I'm paying to keep the car outright anyway, so hopefully it doesn't matter what they think 😄

Once I know more about my job, this upgrade will be on my radar, so your experiences and thoughts are much appreciated!

It will bring the car right upto date imho 

@V8ORBUST those are exactly my thoughts too! I am keeping the car so it doesn’t matter what I do to it. Feel free to contact my any time if you have any queries. I will gladly help with everything I can. 

• Thanks 1

I've been interested in this for awhile but worried about the software playing up.

Great work

How is the music performance etc?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Comedian said:

I've been interested in this for awhile but worried about the software playing up.

Great work

How is the music performance etc?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hi @Comedian

Music performance the same, it’s only a screen swap with an Android Operating System working in parallel with the OEM Mark and Levinson. 

• 3 months later...