Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, I've recently purchased a 2010 GS450 SE-L with some 37,000 miles on the clock. It came with a three month warranty from the dealer. I have plugged in a OBD unit to see if any faults came up and there are two present DTC PO100 and DTC PO010.

I wanted to learn if these codes are serious, important or costly as the dealer warranty will expire in May. I can't get it booked into my local Lexus dealer until after the selling dealer warranty expires due to the Covid shutdown.

I am also thinking of taking out an extended Lexus warranty as the car is still under ten years of age and Lexus advise they can still offer a two year warranty if taken out prior to the 10th anniversary. Is it worth the expense?

Thank you.

You can get some strange error codes if the 12v Battery was low, which could be the case when a car is sitting on a forecourt. I assume the engine check light wasn't on so they are not current errors?

I'd take out the warranty. The series III GS hybrid isn't the most reliable of Lexus vehicles - still very reliable but below normal Lexus standards.

28 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

You can get some strange error codes if the 12v battery was low, which could be the case when a car is sitting on a forecourt. I assume the engine check light wasn't on so they are not current errors?

I'd take out the warranty. The series III GS hybrid isn't the most reliable of Lexus vehicles - still very reliable but below normal Lexus standards.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your advice.

No the engine check light wasn't on.

I'll re-check the error codes again next week to see if they are still present. 

The Lexus extended warranty for this model is some £ 1,095.00 for 24 months.

I hope it won't be needed but I guess it would be prudent.

Cheers.

Hi Colin,

Thanks, yes I have the paperwork from Lexus so it might justify some of the financial pain. 

I'll have to cancel my other AA cover.

I'm guessing Lexus will send out a card and details in the post once the direct debit is set up.

I had hoped being a member of the club might reduce the warranty cost but I don't think so.

Hoping my local Lexus dealer in Edgeware will offer a discount on servicing costs.

P0100 is caused by a MAF circuit malfunction. P0010 is a timing issue - between crankshaft and Bank 1 camshaft. They may well be glitches caused by a low Battery, as mentioned. I'd suggest you clear them (you should be able to do that with the tool you used to read the codes), then see if they have returned after a few days.

Thanks John,

I don't drive that much with the current lockdown but have driven back from South Gloucestershire where I bought the car to London.

On a weekly basis I take it up the M1 to the first junction just to keep the Battery charged and especially after washing it to ensure any residual water is removed.

I will clear the codes down and hope they don't return.

Cheers.