Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aussiestayover introduction GS450h

Aussiestayover

Hello,

I'm just another car enthusiast and have recently purchased a 2010 GS450h SE-L with some 37,000 miles on the clock.

Having had a variety of (mainly) petrol cars over the years - Datsun 180B, Jaguar 420G, Fiat X1/9, Honda Accord, Mercedes 300/500SL, Cavalier SRI, Mazda MX-5, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, BMW E39 and more I thought it time to try a Hybrid.

Amazing is the first word that comes to mind when I put my foot down.

I hope the honeymoon is a long one...

• Like 1

Hi Fenn, welcome to the forum and I'm sure you'll enjoy your GS (altho I'm biased).

What made you choose the GS?

Do you have any pics to share?

Cheers, Lee

Hello Lee,

Thanks for your welcome. I’ll add some photos soon.

The idea of buying a GS 2006-2011 hybrid has been eating away at me for some time. My BMW E39 has been off the road prior to lockdown with a repair so I had an excuse of sorts...

I’ve watched all the ads and reviews on You Tube, downloaded all the reviews from across the world ... and still can’t get enough of reading about and watching the technology...

The acceleration is amazing and enjoyable. A few dash rattles to resolve and other bits and pieces I’d like to replace like the chrome exhaust tips.

I'm a little worried about the hybrid Battery but you only live once...

Which GS model do you have?

Cheers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aussiestayover said:

Hello Lee,

Thanks for your welcome. I’ll add some photos soon.

The idea of buying a GS 2006-2011 hybrid has been eating away at me for some time. My BMW E39 has been off the road prior to lockdown with a repair so I had an excuse of sorts...

I’ve watched all the ads and reviews on You Tube, downloaded all the reviews from across the world ... and still can’t get enough of reading about and watching the technology...

The acceleration is amazing and enjoyable. A few dash rattles to resolve and other bits and pieces I’d like to replace like the chrome exhaust tips.

I'm a little worried about the hybrid battery but you only live once...

Which GS model do you have?

Cheers.

Hey Finn, thanks for the pics - it's a great looking car and being a 2010 it has the grill and alloys that I like.

Mine's an early face lift '08 and like yours...really shifts when you want it too 🙂

I found many of the rattles were coming from the center console which is really easy to remove, fit felt/foam, refit and then enjoy the peace/quite 😉  I hope that your noises can be fixed as easily.

Cheers, Lee

5 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Why is it called a moon roof?

Essentially the same thing. Some people say a sunroof is solid metal and a moonroof is glass. Others say the a moonroof is fixed and sunroof slides back or can be removed. Another opinion is moonroof is an Americanism of sunroof. Lots of different answers, who knows if any are right.

Basically they both describe holes cut in the roof that comprise the chassis and at some point will leak 😉

7 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Essentially the same thing. Some people say a sunroof is solid metal and a moonroof is glass. Others say the a moonroof is fixed and sunroof slides back or can be removed. Another opinion is moonroof is an Americanism of sunroof. Lots of different answers, who knows if any are right.

Basically they both describe holes cut in the roof that comprise the chassis and at some point will leak 😉

Good answer Colin. Is there any evidence that Lexus roofs leak less than others ? 

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Good answer Colin. Is there any evidence that Lexus roofs leak less than others ? 

To be fair, Toyota/Lexus roofs don't tend to leak - most direct leaks are caused by corrosion of the metal around the sunroof which they don't suffer from. Most problems that do occur are the drain holes getting blocked, with water backing up and coming out at a joint somewhere within the cabin.

• Like 1