Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Security devices

So I got my little baby home and unless I choose to take her out somewhere I would prefer her to stay home.

Having never used trackers before I know nothing about the types or options.  Your thoughts and ideas?  Are they worth the cost?

Steering lock I am going to buy! … Sorted, but anything to avoid?.

I assume it already has some sort of Lexus immobiliser fitted from factory so is there anything I can fit to enhance or improve security?

After I've enjoyed her for a few miles I'll put on a review of my findings, thoughts.

23 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

Other than the steering lock a secure garage or car port is my only suggestion 👍

I live in a quiet Cul-de-Sac but no garage or carport I'm afraid! lol

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Keep your keys in a metal box within the house, steering lock. Ghost alarm maybe (https://autowatch.co.uk/veh-sec/ghost-2-menu). Trackers are expensive and don't stop your car being stolen, you just stand a good chance of recovering it.

Box ordered.  Looking at the Ghost II now.  £400 is cheap money if it works that well.  Thanks for the info.

14 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Ghost alarm maybe (https://autowatch.co.uk/veh-sec/ghost-2-menu). 

Wow, that looks like an excellent piece of kit.  My job for this weekend is to find someone local who can do this.  Thanks for link.

EDIT:  Apparantly the latest model is also TASSA approved.  Extra £50 though.  Still, £445 isn't so bad if it does what it says on the tin.