Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

20k home service parts list and supplier?

At home getting bored of waiting to get my IS300h 20k service done.

Does anyone have a full list of official Toyota service part numbers required? I assume pollen filter, air filter, oil filter, oil, rear diff oil at least.

I assume Toyota OEM is cheaper than Lexus branded ones (Charcoal Pollen filter on Lexus eBay store is almost £80). Is the most cost effective way to buy direct from Toyota (eg local dealer), or are there cheaper trusted 3rd party stockists?

I’ll defo change filters and possibly oil and diff oil if lockdown eases and I regain access to a pit. Aware a special tool required to change the oil filter, any other custom tools needed? Have seen the 60k service video on YouTube so have a good idea of the work involved.

Then when lockdown is done just get a hybrid health check, brake fluid (if due) change and ask the dealer to check for and if required regrease any stuck caliper slide pins.

thanks!

Lexus Swindon (https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk) give discounts from RRP and a good source of genuine parts.

Full service list depends on mileage/year. e.g. air filter is only inspected every 2 years/20k miles and replaced every 4 years/40k miles.

Diff oil is replaced every 4 years/40k miles.

Cabin filter every 2 years/20k miles in normal conditions.

Spark plugs every 60k miles.

If you are capable of changing diff oil then you can certainly check and regrease your calliper slide pins.

I'd say the cabin filter is mis-priced on eBay. Should only be around £30. You can get aftermarket ones with carbon for less than £10.

• Thanks 1

Lexus Swindon (https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk) give discounts from RRP and a good source of genuine parts.
Full service list depends on mileage/year. e.g. air filter is only inspected every 2 years/20k miles and replaced every 4 years/40k miles.

If you are capable of changing diff oil then you can certainly check and regrease your calliper slide pins.

I'd say the cabin filter is mis-priced on Ebay. Should only be around £30. You can get aftermarket ones with carbon for less than £10.

Crikey, I replace all my filters on every service.

Granted mine is a high miler and still racks it up but I would never run 40k on one air filter.
The only things I do stick to are plugs (annually) and diff oil (every 8/10 months)

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I'd say the cabin filter is mis-priced on Ebay. Should only be around £30. You can get aftermarket ones with carbon for less than £10.

Fabulous response Colin and really appreciate the timings/mileage deadlines. I have a full print of the service history from Lexus from when I bought the car, so will compare and then review and/or replace parts accordingly. Brake fluid (if over 2 years) and Hybrid Health check can wait until after lockdown, as have Toyota garages as an option if Lexus too busy (as they aren’t so prevalent).

23 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Grabbed the paperwork as below. Car is July 2015 registered and about to hit 20k miles.

So if my maths is any good:

1) Air filter is due as Lexus didn’t replace in 2019 when they prepped the car for sale (guess technically it still had 2 months left).

2) Cabin filter (87139-30100) last replaced 2018, so now due.

3) OW20 AFE engine oil, from what I understand is an annual change regardless of miles driven.

4) Differential Oil - Wonder if OILD means it was changed (at 3 years on a “full 25k/2yr” service) or just level checked? Suspicious as it is under Other and not Parts section.

Thanks again

DE4519A2-1262-4CD9-A00C-80003A727ECA.jpeg

11 hours ago, Maxz said:

3) OW20 AFE engine oil, from what I understand is an annual change regardless of miles driven.

0W20. Yes, remember there is a minor service every 10k miles/1 year in-between the major services every 20k miles/2 years. The minor service isn't much more than an engine oil and filter change plus checking over the vehicle including a hybrid health check.

The following has the generic differences between the services:

Lexus - Service Table 0418-2.pdf

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2020 at 10:20 AM, ColinBarber said:

0W20. Yes, remember there is a minor service every 10k miles/1 year in-between the major services every 20k miles/2 years. The minor service isn't much more than an engine oil and filter change plus checking over the vehicle including a hybrid health check.

The following has the generic differences between the services:

Lexus - Service Table 0418-2.pdf 142.35 kB · 9 downloads

Thanks again Colin for all the valuable info. If the 25k/2yr service on my service history is/was the equivalent of the current Full 20 service, I should be safe to assume based on “Replace Front and Rear Differential Oil (Model dependant)” being ticked, this was completed July 2018. However strictly speaking if major service is every 2 years it is due again this time so will look to have replaced.

Last question to throw out there. Can Toyota garages perform Hybrid Health Checks on Lexus vehicles and if so will this reflect on the Lexus systems service history (I.e. does the group share systems)? I have a preference with Toyota garages given distance to travel and my personal experience of customer service levels across the two brands.

Individually wrapped almond biscuits and Cappuccino served in a china cup at Lexus....Custard creams and help yourself vending machine at Toyota.... your choice 😀

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Maxz said:

Thanks again Colin for all the valuable info. If the 25k/2yr service on my service history is/was the equivalent of the current Full 20 service, I should be safe to assume based on “Replace Front and Rear Differential Oil (Model dependant)” being ticked, this was completed July 2018. However strictly speaking if major service is every 2 years it is due again this time so will look to have replaced.

Last question to throw out there. Can Toyota garages perform Hybrid Health Checks on Lexus vehicles and if so will this reflect on the Lexus systems service history (I.e. does the group share systems)? I have a preference with Toyota garages given distance to travel and my personal experience of customer service levels across the two brands.

I had heard from that in theory Toyota can probably do the hybrid health check on a Lexus but won't. You'd have to call and ask I think if there is a good reason (like distance) that makes it difficult to get to a Lexus dealer and see what they say. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maxz said:

Looks like your vehicle was a business owned one on the high mileage 12.5k miles service schedule - exactly the same as the 10k ones, just stretched out a little for people doing high motorway mileage.

The issue with the service sheet I attached is that it is generic across all models. The IS specific spec sheet issued by Lexus Europe suggests diff oil only every 40k miles but some dealers are changing it at every 20k miles. Either way you should do it for this 40k service so you know it has been done.

In theory Toyota dealers shouldn't have access to Lexus vehicles in their diagnostic equipment as their license would only cover Toyota badged vehicles - some seem to get around this, especially the ones that don't own a Lexus franchise as well as Toyota. However whilst they may be able to perform a health check I doubt there would be any 12 month Battery warranty as that is provided by Toyota GB who are the ones that set the rules that Toyota dealerships shouldn't be servicing Lexus vehicles.

• Thanks 1

I asked my local Toyota dealer if they could service my car and they said they could do the service but not the hybrid health check, different software or something like that.

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2020 at 2:14 PM, Lexman59 said:

I asked my local Toyota dealer if they could service my car and they said they could do the service but not the hybrid health check, different software or something like that.

Thanks makes sense, good to know.