Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moonroof Replacement

Hi RX Lovers

I needed to replace the motor at my moonroof first but after open up we where in shock when checked the 2 plastic belts which been cracked too.

Because one cannot buy these belts anymore I need to replace the whole thing.

I found one seller. Should I buy it or does anybody would give me a tip to avoid surprises?!

Is it so easy just to take the existing one out and put the "new" one in?

Would love to hear from you with thanks in advance.

Kindest Peter

Hi Peter  

Having had the same problem myself just after we bought our 2006 RX300 I feel for you.I suggest you leave it as it is as long as it is closed securely. We had a similar problem and, fortunately, it was fixed by the seller under warranty.  

As I recall they told me it it took about 23 hours of labour plus the parts. Probably more than your car is worth. To remove the roof it is necessary to remove the linings (which means starting at the bottom!) and the side airbags as well as most of the inside of the car.  I think the motor itself was about £350 but the runners etc probably a bit less.  I wouldn't consider second hand items for this as if they broke again you would not be happy!  I have attached a few depressing photos of the car halfway through.  Mike

Lexus in bits.13-12-2013.jpg

Lexus in bits3.18-12-2013.jpg

Lexus sunroof bits.18-12-2013.jpg

Lexus sunroof frame.18-12-2013.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pit Sprenger said:

Hi RX Lovers

I needed to replace the motor at my moonroof first but after open up we where in shock when checked the 2 plastic belts which been cracked too.

Because one cannot buy these belts anymore I need to replace the whole thing.

I found one seller. Should I buy it or does anybody would give me a tip to avoid surprises?!

Is it so easy just to take the existing one out and put the "new" one in?

Would love to hear from you with thanks in advance.

Kindest Peter

Have you by any chance bought it from a Dealer within the last 6 months Peter ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links