Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not A Good Day

Last night I went round a friends house. Parked in the street. Locked the car fine. Went to go home and the central locking would not respond from the key. I had two options, ask my friend for a lift home to get a spare key or open the door with the key. Went for option 2. The GS alarm/horn is loud, more so at 1am :o . Got in started it up then after 30 seconds the alarm stopped so I drove home. Then the remote locking was fine and has been fine today!

Went to go to work this morning and noticed that some :tsktsk: had thrown an egg at the side of the car whilst I was out. Quickly washed off the egg and shell and went to work. Got home tonight and had a closer look and there is now a semi-circle of white dots which are pits in the paint back to the primer :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

not a good day then mate but this will make you feel better ,got a quote for the cambelt on my van £430 :crying: ,can you beleive that for a poxy reno ,got so ****** of phoning around decided to unload me van ready for tomorrow when finished shut the side door but left something in there ,me bloody little finger squashed it flat :crybaby: jumped around for ages swearing me head of it now looks a nasty shade of purple :crybaby: .went out to pick the kids up and reversed the lexus into a wall got out to see the damage and thought i had got away with it only to find when i got home it was the tail pipe i had hit pushed it right back and it is blowing from the back box :duh: .lifes a bitch at times ;).Groan over going to bed now bet i stub me toe on the way up :P

Sounds like you two have had a s**t day!

:offtopic:

Colin, out of interest - I currently have a 03 GS430se on loan from Lexus while they sort my car at their HQ. This car vibrates around motorway speeds just like my old GS300 did - interesting eh - doesn't seem like wheel balance as it transmits through the floor more than the steering wheel.

By the way the chaps that pisked it up agreed he could hear the noise - the brakes juddered the paint wasn't up to standard and the wind noise was worse than in the car he gave me???

man that sucks.. why do people do it.. just cant understand it..

tony.. gutted for you mate.. hope you can get it sorted o.k... maybe time for a performance exhaust..

thats what i thought but still not sure wether keeping car so might be a quick fix for time being ,looks funny though all pushed in

Hiya all, just found the site so thought i would join :D

Just brought myself a IS 200 Sport, Granite Sky :D :D what a beauty she is.

Had her 2 weeks, then the snow came :huh: :tsktsk: Span the back end and came to rest in the side of a bus :crybaby:

Still waiting for the garage to finish repairing her, not a good start to my lexus experience. Well things can only get better

Had her 2 weeks, then the snow came :huh: :tsktsk: Span the back end and came to rest in the side of a bus :crybaby:

Still waiting for the garage to finish repairing her, not a good start to my lexus experience. Well things can only get better

Sorry to hear about these problems guys, I thought I was unlucky but maybe not!

And Chunkey, welcome to the forums, fantastic username there btw mate :D

Can the marks be removed with T Cut or Sratch X type polish or is it too deep to polish out? :huh:

I've got the surface scratches out but there are pits that go back into the primer.

Good thing it never happened outside your own house, Since I now know where you live... could of pointed a finger

Happened the night before Steve ;)