Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-Lexus-LS-430-4-3-4dr/313015397379?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908131621%26meid%3D8680d2597be244e4ba27a15f114f1132%26pid%3D100678%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D13%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D352723100338%26itm%3D313015397379%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100678.m3607&_trkparms=pageci%3A78130211-9779-11ea-8526-74dbd1808682%7Cparentrq%3A1dae32331720aa48aea6d1afffade322%7Ciid%3A1

im thinking of going to view it he s not far from me .only one thing previous mot advisory noted rear oil leak which i need to check if its been rectified ,and does that price reflect market value

Looks good, only if oil leak fixed. Price seems about right but there are 12 others (04/05 plates) on Autotrader at the moment, so a discount should be available. I'd like to pay £6500 if he would sell at that price. Keep us informed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ste42 said:

Stellar is not a company I would wish to deal with.

Their stock I believe has been transferred from Moses Gate Company also in Bolton and their reviews are very poor.

See https://www.cardealerreviews.co.uk/dealership/moses-gate-car-sales-bolton-lancashire-england

One member on this Forum (john the Tourist) has I believe bought an Ls430 from them and it is advisable to contact him and ask for his views.

I personally would not touch them with a bargepole. 

Buyer be very very aware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Stellar is

I understand from my own limited perusal and phone calls with this business in the past, that it is part of a group of car stockholders so you might just see the same cars advertised at other " branches " / business names from time to time

and my thoughts were that their produce seemed to be often at the topend of the scale pricewise

Malc

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Stellar is not a company I would wish to deal with.

Their stock I believe has been transferred from Moses Gate Company also in Bolton and their reviews are very poor.

See https://www.cardealerreviews.co.uk/dealership/moses-gate-car-sales-bolton-lancashire-england

One member on this Forum (john the Tourist) has I believe bought an Ls430 from them and it is advisable to contact him and ask for his views.

I personally would not touch them with a bargepole. 

Buyer be very very aware.

Well remembered John. 

I bought from Stellar just under a year ago. Paid over £8k for a 2004 430, when I already owned one. 😳

Subsequently I spoke to the only previous owner. Stellar bought the vehicle from him within an hour of him putting it on sale, for very close to the asking price. They then put it on their forecourt at a big markup and waited for a willing customer to show up. I was that man. The price was high, but it was exactly the colour combo I wanted, one owner, 41k and serviced every year by the supplying dealer (who I also spoke to). 

So I got the car I wanted. Stellar enabled that, and charged me for the privilege. Which I see as fair enough. My previous model went to a good home via this forum. 

I don't think Stellar are anything other than traders, so I would recommend doing your own research on the history of whichever car you are looking at. But I didn't think they were bad people. Hope that helps.

Jon

PS I looked up the previous owner's address on Google Maps. His was the only house in the street, off Grosvenor Square, which didn't have an embassy flag out front. I don't think the cost of maintenance was ever an issue . . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jonthetourist said:

Well remembered John. 

I bought from Stellar just under a year ago. Paid over £8k for a 2004 430, when I already owned one. 😳

Subsequently I spoke to the only previous owner. Stellar bought the vehicle from him within an hour of him putting it on sale, for very close to the asking price. They then put it on their forecourt at a big markup and waited for a willing customer to show up. I was that man. The price was high, but it was exactly the colour combo I wanted, one owner, 41k and serviced every year by the supplying dealer (who I also spoke to). 

So I got the car I wanted. Stellar enabled that, and charged me for the privilege. Which I see as fair enough. My previous model went to a good home via this forum. 

I don't think Stellar are anything other than traders, so I would recommend doing your own research on the history of whichever car you are looking at. But I didn't think they were bad people. Hope that helps.

Jon

PS I looked up the previous owner's address on Google Maps. His was the only house in the street, off Grosvenor Square, which didn't have an embassy flag out front. I don't think the cost of maintenance was ever an issue . . 

Thanks John for contributing.

That presents a balanced view.

14 hours ago, jonthetourist said:

His was the only house in the street, off Grosvenor Square

I hope the raft of unpaid parking tickets, speeding fines etc didn't follow through too ...........:wink3:

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links