Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Cant get in to the car! RX300 (2004)

Hope someone has a magic fix for this.  Battery in car is completely discharged on the girlfriends car and key fob wont open the doors. Key fob Battery has been changed so ruled that out.  The physical key wont open the door either as deadlocked.  Tried a break in kit and hooking the lever, lever moves but door not opening due to deadlock I suspect. Tried hooking bonnet lever but hard to see and doesn't seem to open either.  Cant see anywhere underneath to connect charger as Starter motor is inaccessible. Had Green Flag out and they cant get into it.   I have in anticipation ordered a new drivers window and will smash the glass tomorrow to get in unless someone has another idea?

Do you have the owners manual? What does it say about double locking. Some Lexus/Toyota models allow unlocking via the mechanical key (and it can be quite stiff to operate if it hasn't been done in a while) and some don't.

With either system the internal handles and locks are isolated so there is definitely no point trying to hook them. Hooking the bonnet release is the only thing you can do on the inside, otherwise you are breaking the grille etc. to get the bonnet released from the outside.

• Like 1

Auto locksmith. I locked my keys in a car a while ago and this dude turned up and got in within minutes, they have all kinds of tricks. Cost me £60 I think, was a few years ago now.

Thanks for the replies.

Well, I could not find any other solution than to smash the window!  As soon as I had power to the Battery the door lock worked with key in the hole and with the remote the key fob.  I've never experienced a door lock that wont work with a key until its powered!  Replacing the window was fairly straight forward and worst part was clearing up smashed glass. Taped the window up before smashing it but still get loads everywhere.    Will replace the Battery now.

I find this a bit worrying.

My RX350 has been off the road for a year now (long story).  I've disconnected the Battery and just been using the key barrel on the drivers for access with no deadlocking issues. 

Basically just parked it in the long stay, locked it with the remote and unbolted the Battery.

Is there a way I could accidentally dead lock the vehicle and have to pick a window?

On 5/20/2020 at 8:34 AM, PCM said:

I though you press the remote twice ( ore key ).

You can hear it deadlock...

Yes this correct as I have now found out. 

• Like 2