Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

smart entry to press fob entry, is it possible

para999

I'm finally getting my new CT F sport after it has been locked into portbury docks for 8 weeks or so.i have opted for the convenience pack as I wanted the front and rear sensors.as per usual with these packs there are some things you want whilst the other things in the pack you might not want.in my case I don't want the smart entry as I have had cars with it fitted before and i just find it's an added security risk ( on certain cars) I don't need it. I have a Faraday pouch but I can do without it. my question, which I cannot find the answer to without going into the dealer is, can it be switched off ?I just want entry by pressing the buttons on the key fob I don't want it live ( radio waves) all the time.

thankyou for your reply as i havn't got the car yet i will have a look when i hopefully get it in a weeks time or so.can i just clarify that this will leave the keyfob press active but the touch door handle open off, is this correct ?i.e no continuous signal. also is this permanent until switched back on via the menu if you change your mind at a later date ?

p.s i don't want to disable the push button start

29 minutes ago, para999 said:

thankyou for your reply as i havn't got the car yet i will have a look when i hopefully get it in a weeks time or so.can i just clarify that this will leave the keyfob press active but the touch door handle open off, is this correct ?i.e no continuous signal. also is this permanent until switched back on via the menu if you change your mind at a later date ?

p.s i don't want to disable the push button start

Yes, if you disable the smart entry system the normal remote buttons will still operate to unlock/lock the doors. When the smart system is disabled, the vehicle will not send out a continuous signal (every 1/4 second rather than actually continuous) looking for a key.

The system will remain disabled until you go back into the customisation menu to reactivate the system.

The smart entry and start system is combined. If you disable smart entry, smart start is also disabled. It means you have to hold the key near the start button to disable the immobiliser and allow the button to function, rather than the system just detecting presence of the key within the interior of the vehicle. 

ahh thankyou for that.i've learnt something i always thought it was the keyfob that sent out the signal and i was expecting you to say i would have to change the fob.as for the start button that's a bummer i was hoping i could keep the remote start button like in other car brands.i.e most of my previous cars have had the start buttons still active.without the smart entry.it's all down to manufacturing obviously..

I’ve opted to keep it turned on with my CT except when I’m away on holiday at a hotel or something and in range of the car. At home the key is kept in a Defender signal blocking pouch but it’s a bit bulky to take about with me. 
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Defender-Signal-Blocking-Pouch-RFID-black/dp/B07B3R5FLG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1A8TNPWVG4PMZ&dchild=1&keywords=defender+signal+blocker&qid=1589709338&quartzVehicle=1820-798&replacementKeywords=signal+blocker&sprefix=Defender+%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-5

thankyou yes i have a Faraday pouch in the house for use with a previous vehicle.the problem is as you say it really needs to be used whenever you are around outdoors even for shopping.i know some manufacturers have taken steps to stop the rise in thefts with this type of system but lexus don't seem to be one of them.as i say the packages are a bit restrictive i wanted the mark levinson sound system but didn't want a sunroof. when i used to own lexus's a while back you could have specific items without having to have the whole pack, sign of the times i suppose.

I have disabled the smart entry on my MY CT via the onboard customisation facility. To start the engine etc. You have to hold the key fob directly against the start button the car will "beep" after which you press the start button to put the car in "ready"mode.

Doors are opened by the key fob.