Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear suspension collapsed - No air pressure

14 minutes ago, 39buss said:

Could you use an exhaust clamp on that arm and pass the bracket under it to secure it or drill a hole in the flat part and pass the "U" bolt leg through it to secure it. 

It's already smothered in JB Weld. I'm just going to replace the arm. They're not too expensive from the US. I'm just hoping I can reuse the height sensors. I think they're about £350 a piece. 

Well I spent the past 24 hours looking for my keys to test my repair. Finally found them thank god. The epoxy didn't work, broke off right away. Instead I just taped up the arm for the height sensor to the ARB so it's in a high position. The struts inflated right away so thankfully no damage to them. 

That's almost good news,  except for the repair not holding.   My whole lower bracket became detached in one piece and was easily

welded back onto the lower arm.  The best news is that your suspension returned to normal, as I expected.

Once you have a proper repair, the car may not sit exactly as before,  but some trial and error tweaking of the height sensor should

produce the required level all round.  Very best of luck with it, and I've just noticed that this particular topic has produced over 

50 posts so far.   The power of Lockdown has brought a lot of people together.

• Like 1

I was hoping to buy a set of these control arms or whatever they're called from Rock Auto but I can't seem to find the correct part on there. Does anybody have any idea where I can buy a set that isn't directly from Lexus?

Nevermind, managed to order some from another US based website. Genuine Lexus parts aren't cheap are they. Think I might trade her in for a Dacia. 

Your pict showed that damage was on the lower bracket which is attached to the lower arm. This part is not replaceable unless you buy a new arm with the bracket already attached.   As stated earlier in posts, it is advisable to fit a new control rod and upper bracket as corrosion may have weakened them also.  After my welding repair to the lower bracket,  the car ran ok with normal suspension height using the old rod and upper bracket.  The rod and upper bracket were replaced weeks after the welding repair when they eventually arrived from US.  My car did about 1000 miles after the welding repair to the lower bracket with no issues.   I would advise using a good independent mechanic to help with this issue.

1 minute ago, bobjol said:

Your pict showed that damage was on the lower bracket which is attached to the lower arm. This part is not replaceable unless you buy a new arm with the bracket already attached.   As stated earlier in posts, it is advisable to fit a new control rod and upper bracket as corrosion may have weakened them also.  After my welding repair to the lower bracket,  the car ran ok with normal suspension height using the old rod and upper bracket.  The rod and upper bracket were replaced weeks after the welding repair when they eventually arrived from US.  My car did about 1000 miles after the welding repair to the lower bracket with no issues.   I would advise using a good independent mechanic to help with this issue.

I ordered the complete lower arm with the brackets attached for the height sensor. What exactly do you mean by upper bracket?

• 7 months later...

Good day,

I have a 2009 LS 460 that decided to drop its rear end coming down mountain. Reading these previous posts, I decided that I would check the rear right and left sensors and the compressor. Both sensors are intact and the compressor is functional. There is a mention of a rear height control valve in which I can't seem to find. Help in locating it or anyother suggestions would greatly be appreciated for my time is limited before my return flight.

Thank you,

Bruce