harrylime

dog in back seat?

I'm thinking about buying an sc430. I have a female Labradoodle, not a particularly big dog. Can anyone advise whether there is enough space etc to allow her to travel comfortably in the back seat?

• Like 1

Yes it would be fine for a medium sized dog sat on the back seat. It's just not very good for humans as there's virtually no leg room unless the front seats are set forward.

• Like 2

Did I read somewhere that dogs now have to be strapped in with an approved harness in a car or was I just dreaming it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Did I read somewhere that dogs now have to be strapped in with an approved harness in a car or was I just dreaming it?

Only when driving.🤣

Edit - apparently rule 57 of the highway code says pets have to be suitably restrained to avoid distraction and injury. The SC430 has rear seat belts so that should be possible if the dog is in a secured harness or enclosure. 

• Like 2

Thanks all, and yes, she is always properly restrained

• Like 2

Remember that no cover will protect the interior from damage from a dog over time.

Unless you're OK turning the back seating into your "dog car", get a car seat , read these reviews redlinetribe . There you can find some really affordable options that will provide safety and comfort for your dog.

We take our Spaniel on the back seat of our car and to save the leather etc. bought one of the dog car hammocks (lots available online) that cover the seat base, seat back, back of front seats and each side. It also came with a strap that plugs into the seat belt socket and onto our dog's harness ensuring the dog can move around on the back seat but is restrained properly in the event of anything unforeseen happening. Well worth the cost to save the back of the car from any claws and means less hoovering out too.

• Like 2

we have 2 Jacks and put blankets on rear seats, tucked well in then put their beds on top of that. have done it for 3yrs with no damage to seats.

• Like 1