Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blissfully watching TV last night when I heard a car alarm activating. 

Extremely loud and very close. 

Suddenly realised it was my RX in the car port. 

Every light seemed to be flashing and it was like the end of the world. 

Managed to switch it off using the remote. 

Locked the car again and no further issue. 

Recently the neighbours at the bottom of our garden have acquired a cat who is adept at climbing on the roof of our bungalow and my wife has seen him on top of the car port and the 6 foot high wall that encloses it. 

Would a jumping cat be enough to trigger the alarm?

The car port is totally enclosed with locked 6 foot high gates so an intruder of humankind is unlikely. 

Anyone got any ideas please? 

Unlikely but try banging the roof to see if you set it off.

Only had one or two false alarms over the last 10 years, put it down to a spider or insect getting too close to the microwave motion sensor.

Look, we don't know if it's the location causing an untypical echo reverberation that's causing the alarm problem - - --

Les - - The car port - - is it in the front garden, next to your hour house - or near your back passage?

• Haha 1

I don't hear my alarm go off at all for 50 weeks of the year, then the Isle of Man TT happens!! Every damn motorbike that goes past my house sets the bloody thing off!!! Thank god the TT has been cancelled this year! A bit of peace and quiet!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, inchley313 said:

I don't hear my alarm go off at all for 50 weeks of the year, then the Isle of Man TT happens!! Every damn motorbike that goes past my house sets the bloody thing off!!! Thank god the TT has been cancelled this year! A bit of peace and quiet!! emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

At a considerable loss of income to the Island though and disappointment of thousands throughout the world, me as a several times visitor included!

• Like 1

At a considerable loss of income to the Island though and disappointment of thousands throughout the world, me as a several times visitor included!
As much as the TT is a real pain in my *****! I am actually going to miss it this year!! U won't get to see any supercars in practice week, no Ramsey Sprint and as for the shenanigans of Mad Sunday... There are a lot of people and businesses who rely heavily on the TT to get them through the year but with the current state of affairs, needs must and it really is the right decision even if a disappointing one!

I used to have a subwoofer in my car that would occasionally set off the alarms in nearby parked cars. It was a fun toy but eventually with a 4yo I realised I almost never got to enjoy it so it was kind of pointless.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links