Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post Lockdown Dealership Servicing/MOT Resumption

Hi, aware some people on the forum have their ears closer to the track than some of us mere mortals.

I am sure someone planned to shout out anyway but if anyone becomes aware first that Lexus dealers reopening for servicing/MOT (my Hybrid Health Check due), please respond or post a new thread to let us know. Thanks!

Hi Max

My UX's first service - that was booked for the end of March - was cancelled and I have received a new date from Lexus Guildford for the service which is June 9th.

They will be picking the car up as I am unable to take it to the dealer as I am 'Shielding' due to health issues.

Hope that helps

John

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Maxz said:

Hi, aware some people on the forum have their ears closer to the track than some of us mere mortals.

I am sure someone planned to shout out anyway but if anyone becomes aware first that Lexus dealers reopening for servicing/MOT (my Hybrid Health Check due), please respond or post a new thread to let us know. Thanks!

Max, as a mere mortal cannot you look at your local Lexus website ?

I have just looked at mine (Chester) and it tells me that they are closed.

19 minutes ago, John Hutton said:

Hi Max

My UX's first service - that was booked for the end of March - was cancelled and I have received a new date from Lexus Guildford for the service which is June 9th.

They will be picking the car up as I am unable to take it to the dealer as I am 'Shielding' due to health issues.

Hope that helps

John

Nice one thanks, will start looking out again from start of June.

• Like 1

Our GSF has its first MOT and a service today at Bristol Lexus and our RX had a warranty repair carried out last week.  

On 5/18/2020 at 3:29 PM, royoftherovers said:

Max, as a mere mortal cannot you look at your local Lexus website ?

I have just looked at mine (Chester) and it tells me that they are closed.

I had my UX serviced at Chester yesterday, I think I was the 1st or 2nd customer as they only re-opened that morning. I originally had a service booked for 3rd April and that got cancelled a couple of days earlier due to the lockdown, they phoned me last week to offer the new slot. They had taken great pains to reorganise the reception & waiting areas to ensure safe spacing and limited the number of customers, I only met one during my 2 hours there. Still managed to deliver the special Lexus treatment but without the free coffees!

• Like 1

Stoke lexus are reopening for servicing/ mot but limited capacity. MOT and winter tyres coming off !! 1st june

On 5/18/2020 at 10:37 PM, F.A. said:

Our GSF has its first MOT and a service today at Bristol Lexus and our RX had a warranty repair carried out last week.  

My IS300 is due its first MOT in June. Have first MOTs not been extended 6 months as well?

The warranty and service are due July, but the warranty has been extended 3 months. Lexus Bristol have texted me to say service and MOT are due now. I'll call them to clarify the situation, but I am a little confused. 

52 minutes ago, Bootleg said:

My IS300 is due its first MOT in June. Have first MOTs not been extended 6 months as well?

The warranty and service are due July, but the warranty has been extended 3 months. Lexus Bristol have texted me to say service and MOT are due now. I'll call them to clarify the situation, but I am a little confused. 

MOTs have been extended by 6 months. Mine was therefore not due until October 20, but I didn’t think it was worth waiting that long if it’s service was due now. So I had both done. Great service by Bristol. 

Warranties have not been extended so I renewed my over the phone directly with the warranty company. 

wish me luck people, mines in with lexus since 9am for a full 100k service + diags on engine light and a pull to the left (steering position not central), tpms is also on.

i feel i might be walking a bit funny later on

engine light was an oxygen sensor, 295GBP

also needs

full service inc plugs and brake fluid
rear caliper (off side is seized)
rear disks, pads and shims
air con service
tpms inspection (remove all tyres and re-code as showing check system)
re-alignment (steering wheel off centre)

and front off side shock is leaking but will last a while longer

Lexus Sidcup have been quick to phone me up to book my mot but I told them with the governments 6 month mot extension, they won’t see me before October ! I feel sure all dealers are going to be struggling for business 🤔

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:51 AM, Bob King said:

Lexus Sidcup have been quick to phone me up to book my mot but I told them with the governments 6 month mot extension, they won’t see me before October ! I feel sure all dealers are going to be struggling for business 🤔

You still need to be able to show it's roadworthy.

For what is usually £50 a year, 6 months off would give you a £25 gain.

I like many are just going ahead with MOTs where appointments can be obtained.

But definitely not at a main dealer.

Just had my IS300h F-Sport serviced at Lexus Cardiff. They are open again but at a reduced capacity. For 4 hours work, the 2 year service came to £487.52. They discovered my car had a puncture too (drill bit stuck in the tyre!) which they fixed for free.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MattK9797 said:

For 4 hours work, the 2 year service came to £487.52. They discovered my car had a puncture too (drill bit stuck in the tyre!) which they fixed for free.

Asking for £500 for a service I would expect more than a 'free' puncture repair!!!  Why did they take 4hrs for a service?? BMW main dealers quotes less time than that for a turbo change on a 335i!!

It still amazes me everyone is so happy to pay these kind of rates at main dealers. If a con man came to your house and asked you to hand over £500 for a job that costs about £50 in materials would you pay up or call the police??

Yet we are all happy, almost grateful when main dealers do exactly that??

• Haha 1